Can we delete our post?

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
chanty 77

#1: Post by chanty 77 »

I noticed a couple of times since I have been on this site that I have wanted to delete my posts. One time was because I didn't think it through before posting and found my answers on my own, other time failed to hit 'Notify me when reply is sent', so tried to delete the first post immediately after submitting it, and I couldn't delete my own post. Is there a reason one cannot delete their own post--right after posting, before people start replying? Thanks. Hopefully, this is the correct place to post this, if not---I appologize.

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

You can edit your post and mark it for moderation and a moderator can remove it.

You can also "subscribe" to any thread or "bookmark" one. If you look in your preferences you can, for example, set "subscribe" to notify you and "bookmark" to not do so. It only took me 15 years to discover that setting :oops:

Advertisement
chanty 77 (original poster)

#3: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Okay thanks, just thought it might make it easier on you moderators if we say have at least a minute or so after posting to delete our own post.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

chanty 77 wrote:Is there a reason one cannot delete their own post--right after posting, before people start replying?
That may be an option with phpBB. Unfortunately, I've learned from experience, the permissions with phpBB are easy to screw up and difficult to debug if they're wrong, so I hesitate to touch them. :roll:
Dan Kehn

chanty 77 (original poster)

#5: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Okay, no problem.