Bigger default fonts - Page 8

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB (original poster)
Admin

#71: Post by HB (original poster) »

exidrion wrote:I refuse to believe any of you can comfortable use this site at default zoom on a 4k display.
I have a LG UltraFine display (5120x2880) and it looks good to me. And on my MacBook M1 Pro (3456x2234). And my iPhone 13 Mini. I've asked for screenshots that show the concern in side-by-sides with other sites via email; so far, only Jim and Ira have provided them.
Dan Kehn

ira
Team HB

#72: Post by ira »

I have the screen on my 17" 3840x2160 laptop set to display at 175% and always run my browser windows at 100%.

Advertisement
exidrion

#73: Post by exidrion »

HB wrote:I have a LG UltraFine display (5120x2880) and it looks good to me. And on my MacBook M1 Pro (3456x2234). And my iPhone 13 Mini. I've asked for screenshots that show the concern in side-by-sides with other sites via email; so far, only Jim and Ira have provided them.
I set out to send screenshots and realised it's not that bad at the new default, at least with Windows scaling set to 150% and browser zoom set to 100% @ 3840x2160. Definitely readable, although I'm not sure my subjective opinion helps with accessibility standards. I don't think it is ideal without any scaling but that's probably a moot point, however I can still send along screenshots if you like.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#74: Post by HB (original poster) »

Feel free to send me your screenshots including some other well-known sites, if only so I can see what you're talking about. I have the feeling it's not as simple as "this is the right text size" for most, since members apparently tweak their display settings depending on the physical size of their display, its resolution, and their personal preferences.
Dan Kehn