Whole Latte Love Live

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
WholeLatteLove
Sponsor

#1: Post by WholeLatteLove »

Hi everyone!

My name is Ben, and I'll be managing the Whole Latte Love account going forward. The plan is to have a much more active presence on the Home Barista site, and I'm looking forward to engaging with y'all on all things coffee and espresso!

The first little bean I wanted to toss in your grinder is to plug our Livestream series.

Since November, we've been running a few livestreams a day, five days a week on all things espresso. We've unboxed and set up something like 30 different espresso machines, dialed in more grinders than I can count, and even shared a few of our favorite holiday drink recipes.

It's been a ton of fun to have folks join us live and engage with our presenters in real time to have their questions answered on air, and-as far as we're concerned-the more, the merrier!

We'd love to see you there.

Take a look at our upcoming livestream schedule and see if there's a session that interests you. And, if there's a machine or grinder or barista skill that you'd like to see us do a livestream on, let us know in the comments! We'd be more than happy to make it happen.

We've also started running a series we're calling Coffee Seminars. These are live, group-learning sessions hosted on Zoom. The idea is to give participants a more engaging experience where they can actually talk live with our coffee experts to help facilitate the learning process.

Because these are hosted over Zoom, you'll need to sign up in advance on our Calendly page. Space is limited, so the sooner you register the better.

Just like with our livestreams, we're hoping for some community feedback on what kind of content you'd like to engage with in this setting, so please let us know!

That's about it for now-I'll be posting links to livestreams as they approach and updating y'all as we schedule more content.

Thanks and hope to see you soon!

Ben

gonzomup
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by gonzomup »

Nice to see WLL here, Ben. I'm signed up for two of the seminars this coming Friday. Will they be recorded so I can watch them again later?

WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Hi Gonzomup! So glad to hear you're signed up. Coffee Seminars are not recorded at this time. All of the livestreams are, though. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Sponsor

#4: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Happy Holidays everyone!

I know I posted a couple weeks ago that we'd have a stronger presence and then disappeared...sorry about that. I tested positive for Covid and had to take some time off, but I'm back in action now!

While I was away, we ran some really well-attended Coffee Seminars. I got to tune in to a few of them from home and seeing the level of engagement and thoughtful questions asked by our attendees was absolutely awesome.

The goal for these was always to create a space for the coffee community to come together, learn something new, and have engaged discussions about topics that are important to them. So far, this is exactly what's been happening and we're so excited for the series to continue!

We don't currently have any Seminars on the schedule for next week, but we will be hosting more for sure. In the meantime, I wanted to give everyone here a recap of some of the topics we've been covering:
  • Advanced Flow Control Techniques
  • Basic Cleaning and Maintenance for Semi-Automatic Machines
  • How to Dial In a Grinder
  • Prosumer and Grinder Pairing
  • Preparing Holiday Drinks on Super-Autos
If any of those topics seem interesting to you, please check back here. I'll be posting again once we have our next Seminars scheduled.

Also: if you have ideas for a topic you'd like to see us cover in an upcoming Coffee Seminar, please let us know here! I'll be monitoring this page daily and we would love to incorporate your ideas!

I hope everyone has been having an amazing holiday season. Have a Happy New Year and we'll see you soon!
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Sponsor

#5: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Single vs. Double Baskets: A Cappuccino Debate!

At 1:00 pm tomorrow, join our in-house expert Zach as he engages in a deep dive into all things cappuccino with Sauro, the mastermind behind Barista Improving Taste.

They'll discuss traditional vs. modern cappuccinos, single- vs. double-basket preparations, and how BIT tools are putting single-shot baskets back on the map.

Use the link below to stop by and join the discussion Friday, February 23, at 1:00 pm!
(Or watch the archived stream if you can't make it to the live show.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAuYBIXTazs
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love