Whole Latte Love Exclusive: Flow Control...The Next-Level Upgrade to the Pro 700.

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
WholeLatteLove
Sponsor

Postby WholeLatteLove » Mar 29, 2019, 6:52 pm

Hey everyone, this is Todd from Whole Latte Love and I'm incredibly excited to announce that our exclusive collaboration with Profitec has yielded the Stainless Steel "Proftec Flow Control Device". (The ECM Version is a about a month out)

We've worked with Michael from over at Profitec to help make it happen. We first saw the prototype during a factory visit last year and it's been a struggle to keep it a secret. So, the machine is the Pro 700, and the upgrade adds flow control right at the brew group. We've got it here, we've tested it, it's fantastic, and you can find it exclusively at Whole Latte Love.

With this device you can control the flow of water onto the coffee puck through the lever on top of the group. For example, if you like, you can get a really nice low flow pre infusion and then ramp up the flow to increase the speed of the extraction and then and slow the flow again to finish. There is also a pressure gauge mounted on the group so you can monitor the pressure on the puck.

The Pro700 is an incredible machine to add it to. Even before this addition it was the best in class machine. A few quick notes about the PRO700, you get the best in class steam pressure of up to almost 2 bar from its large 2 liter steam boiler, top quality build and stainless steel housing. The steam/Hot water valves are not only beautiful but are the spring loaded commercial valves, not the crank it down tight like on other equipment. And keep in mind that the Pro700 and its sister machine the ECM Synchronika are without question the easiest machine to home service. And Whole Latte Love and I am here to help if you ever have issues with both phone and video support!

Michael designs all of his equipment and as you can see, he knows how to design a classy machine. Every part is thought out!

The machine is available at an introductory price of $2,899.
https://www.wholelattelove.com/collections/profitec/products/profitec-pro-700-dual-boiler-with-flow-control

Upgrade kits for our customers will be available soon. I'll post more about that soon.

Sorry I just had to share: A Boy and his Toys. What a set up, the Ceado single dose E37SD and Profite PRO700......Pretty sweet. We will have more on the E37SD next week.

Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

Kryptonicspb

Postby Kryptonicspb » Mar 29, 2019, 6:59 pm

Knew this was coming! Very cool! Something just told me to check out WLL today, good timing

guydebord

Postby guydebord » Mar 29, 2019, 7:09 pm

The Bianca was sure hitting hard. IMO it took longer than expected...
What is for certain, is that the Bianca was truly a game changing machine, with Profitec/ECM following up it clarifies even more the future of espresso.
Its nice that others are going to be able to experience what profiling can do.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

lagoon

Postby lagoon » Mar 29, 2019, 8:35 pm

Colour me impressed.

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Mar 29, 2019, 9:45 pm

So I guess we at HB aren't the only ones impressed by the Bianca. Most espresso machines and parts in Italy are made in a network of small workshops and factories. That means any successful innovation on one machine is going to be seen on lots of others in very short order.
Jim Schulman

Devin H

Postby Devin H » Mar 29, 2019, 10:26 pm

I've been very curious about lever/profiling espresso and bought a peppina to refurbish ages ago so I could see what all the fuss is about (small children have a way of putting projects on hold). I'm finally getting back to finishing the project (hopefully this weekend) and now I'm learning my pro 700 can turn into a profiling machine with a kit!? :| oh well. The peppina is going to the office anyways...

cafemolino

Postby cafemolino » Mar 29, 2019, 11:04 pm

In the past after world war II was Japan copy later China now Germany. Reminds me to the Silk street :mrgreen:

cunim

Postby cunim » Mar 30, 2019, 9:41 am

OK, so in about a month I will be able to order this device for my Synchronica and it is a simple kit that integrates with the E61? Sounds great, especially as ECM just told me they have no plans to add flow or pressure profiling to the Synchronica. I have lots of questions but will wait for your next update.

welshine

Postby welshine » Mar 30, 2019, 1:11 pm

Is the flow control device workable to the previous generation of Pro700?
Thanks.

WholeLatteLove
Sponsor

Postby WholeLatteLove » Mar 30, 2019, 3:31 pm

So I guess we at HB aren't the only ones impressed by the Bianca. Most espresso machines and parts in Italy are made in a network of small workshops and factories. That means any successful innovation on one machine is going to be seen on lots of others in very short order.

Hi Jim, Yes, it small world over in there. I thought it would be fun to share that this innovation is actually not new, but it has made a comeback.

Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love