Whole Latte Love Exclusive: Flow Control...The Next-Level Upgrade to the Pro 700. - Page 2

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#11: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Is the flow control device workable to the previous generation of Pro700?
Thanks.
Yes, it will fit all of the Profitec E61 style machines.
Thanks for asking.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

another_jim
Team HB

#12: Post by another_jim »

Thanks for the new-old pics.

When we were discussing Lelit not patenting the needle valve control, the needle valve in Valente's 1961 patent application came up (similar to the 1966 picture you posted). Apparently, that one was only used for controlling the water debit and rinsing the group. So controlling the flow during the shot might be something new. It would be interesting for someone to do some historical detective work to see if controlling the flow during the shot was one of the things they considered in those early days of pump machines.
Jim Schulman

Randy G.

#13: Post by Randy G. »

Here is a screen shot closeup of that portion of the group from my E-61 anniversary poster. I wonder how it could be used as a flow control to emulate a lever machine as that knob would be quite warm making it quite uncomfortable to hold for any length of time. I had assumed that it was for clearing debris that might clog the gicleur.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

LIMEhfh96

#14: Post by LIMEhfh96 »

WholeLatteLove wrote:Yes, it will fit all of the Profitec E61 style machines.
Thanks for asking.
Will it also work on the profitec pro 600 with vibration pump? Are the performance going to be the same as with a rotation pump?
Are you the exclusive retailer or will it perhaps be available in Europe?

Haskens

#15: Post by Haskens »

Can the flow control device be added to any e61 grouphead? I have a Duetto and i'd definitely be interested in something like that...

another_jim
Team HB

#16: Post by another_jim »

It's been discussed in this thread.

Basically, if you're going to do long, profiled shots, a brew boiler rather than an HX, and a rotary rather than a vibe pump, might be a good idea. Presumably, this is why the kit is sold for the Pro 700, and why Lelit put it in a similarly spec'ed machine, rather than other models with E611 heads. But it probably will fit into any standard E61.
Jim Schulman

Sponsor

#17: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Yes it will fit. I'm sure it will work, but I have not tried it yet so I can only hypothesize about how it would enhance the performance of a vibration pump machine and how it would compare the a rotary pump. But instead of doing that it will be better to give it a go and then report back.

In regards to Europe, I am not sure what the plan is.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Spitz.me

#18: Post by Spitz.me »

This is a pretty loud mic drop.....
LMWDP #670

Sponsor

#19: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Can the flow control device be added to any e61 grouphead? I have a Duetto and i'd definitely be interested in something like that...

Hello Haskens, thanks for asking and it would probably fit. I am sorry to say that this is an ECM/Profitec product and it can only be supplied to our Profitec/ECM customers.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

lagoon

#20: Post by lagoon »

I wonder if this is a precursor to whole new machine from Profitec with high end profiling capabilities and a saturated group?

An R Nine One competitor or similar seems like the obvious next expansion for their product range.