Whole Latte Love: ECM and Profitec News - Page 3

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
heavyduty

#21: Post by heavyduty »

13ryan wrote:Also, Heavyduty, my flow control knob turns a full 2 revolutions, instead of the 1 and 1/4 turn seen on WLL YouTube videos on their flow control devices. Was this also the case for you?
Hi Bryan; Yes, my FC knob turns 2 revolutions. I keep it at 1.5 revolutions when I'm not using the FC or I'm dialing in a new coffee. At this location I'm getting the recommended 8 grams of water per second which I believe is the standard flow rate for a Vibe pump machine. The shot timer certainly helps when checking this. I measured 160 ml water when running the machine for 20 seconds. (160 div. by 20=8) 1ml = 1g
You need to do this if you haven't. There is a video explaining this somewhere on the WLL YouTube channel.

Of course I can't say the cause of your problem is the same as mine was, but I hope you get it worked out with WLL to everyone's satisfaction.

*Edit* I keep my FC at 1 and 1/4 turns, don't know why I put 1.5 :oops:
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

13ryan

#22: Post by 13ryan »

Thank you for the reply Heavyduty. I will definitely test the flow rate. What was the cause of your issue? I'm having the exact same issue where pressure at the group is always reading higher than pressure at the pump. This is the same problem you originally had and it was fixed correct?

heavyduty

#23: Post by heavyduty »

Todd @ WLL generously offered to send me a new replacement brew gauge which I graciously accepted. When the package arrived I was surprised that it included a new FC kit which includes the gauge. I replaced both and now everything seems to be working to my satisfaction. So I really can't say definitively what the precise cause of my problem was. I'm certainly not the mechanical engineering type. :) I would suggest a person to person call to WLL's top tech person, whoever that would be.
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#24: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

We're coming at you with something really exciting today! We've been hard at work to source some truly special custom panels for our Profitec Pro 600 and Pro 600 with Flow Control espresso machines. There's a total of 10 varieties, with the panels themselves being an aluminum backed veneer composite with multiple wood species.

Our full assortment of custom Pro 600's can be viewed here.

Let us know if you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you!
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

p4lxrich

#25: Post by p4lxrich »

been debating on this ecm or rocket appartamento . what's the build quality difference?

luckydragon

#26: Post by luckydragon replying to p4lxrich »

Go for ECM. Rocket has ostentatious branding, but ECM's build quality is better, in part because their internal layout is super clean and tidy, which makes accessing any internal components a lot easier. Looks a bit like a rat's nest inside a Rocket machine. WLL has a lot of videos showing off the internals of both brands.

homeburrero
Team HB

#27: Post by homeburrero »

p4lxrich wrote:been debating on this ecm or rocket appartamento . what's the build quality difference?
If shopping at WLL, and choosing between comparably priced machines, it would be the ECM Classika vs the Rocket Appartamento. An SBDU vs an HX. I'd go for the HX unless you are really determined to get the flow control feature that WLL will install on a Classika.

luckydragon wrote:ECM's build quality is better, in part because their internal layout is super clean and tidy, which makes accessing any internal components a lot easier. Looks a bit like a rat's nest inside a Rocket machine.
I would not equate tidy wiring with build quality. Between the two, the ECM is certainly more fastidious, but I think it's a little Felix vs Oscar here, where Oscar's approach may be more pragmatic. When you have to repair a bad connector the rats nest may offer you a better chance of trimming the wire back and crimping a new connector instead of unbundling and replacing the whole wire or harness.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h