We want to thank this community with a gift! - Page 8

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
DaveB

#71: Post by DaveB »

wachuko wrote:Well, so much mention of it... ordered the Freedom Blend to give it a try. Brother in law spoke well about the Costa Rica La Minita Estate so I got a bag of that to try as well... and just to be sure got two 1Kg bags of the Lionshare since I have been out of it for a few days...
Curious about the Freedom Blend and especially the La Minita - particularly as espresso.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

bobpaule

#72: Post by bobpaule »

Thank you Wallace, but Gromit will get jealous :wink: Seriously, very nice gesture.
Never get between a man and his ristretto, ever!

Advertisement
wachuko

#73: Post by wachuko »

DaveB wrote:Curious about the Freedom Blend and especially the La Minita - particularly as espresso.
Pretty sure you have seen this thread by now:

Caffe Lusso Rescue Freedom Blend

My take...

Costa Rica La Minita is not for me. Did not like the orange zest and the slight acidity level... Someone into fruity coffees will sure like it. My wife did...

Freedom Blend... Definitely a must try. for someone like me that does not like anything fruity... love it. But only as a treat every so often. I am not buying kilos of it... and their description is spot on:
A complex perfume of cocoa and blueberry leads to a balanced but intricate flavor that evolves through your palate leaving a well-structured, long finish.
So in between shots of Lionshare, one shot of this one per day or week, will be a nice treat for me...
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

DaveB

#74: Post by DaveB »

wachuko wrote:Freedom Blend... Definitely a must try. for someone like me that does not like anything fruity... love it. But only as a treat every so often. I am not buying kilos of it... and their description is spot on: So in between shots of Lionshare, one shot of this one per day or week, will be a nice treat for me...
Funny you should mention it - ordered a kilo last night and it shipped this morning. :D
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

wachuko

#75: Post by wachuko replying to DaveB »

I might have to eat my words... I am really liking it a lot... almost done with that small bag... very tempted on ordering a kilo as well... darn it!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Newsasquatch

#76: Post by Newsasquatch »

Does anybody have any experience using their espresso grind for a la pavoni? I am currently awaiting my refurbished LP from a man named Max Selb, who refurbishes these machines and am waiting for a Niche zero, set to be sent in August :cry: and am looking for espresso grind coffee that the finicky LP can do well with.

wachuko

#77: Post by wachuko replying to Newsasquatch »

I do not understand the question... I use all my coffee from time to time with the La Pavoni... always have to grind coarser than when using any of the other machines...

Here, two shots... one using Caffe Lusso GMC and one using Lionshare...

If the question is, should you try Caffe Lusso beans with your La Pavoni? Absolutely!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Advertisement
Newsasquatch

#78: Post by Newsasquatch »

Hey sorry, I dont have a grinder yet, and im waiting for my niche, so I was wondering how their pre-ground coffee was in the LP.

wachuko

#79: Post by wachuko replying to Newsasquatch »

Pre-ground coffee!! Blasphemy! How dare you Sir! :lol:

I will let you borrow my manual grinder while you get your Niche... no pre-ground coffee please!! First off, you have to dial-in the grind, can do that with pre-ground coffee... And fresh grind is better, always...

Edit: Sorry... reacted too quickly... this really should be answered by the folks from Caffe Lusso... 8)

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Newsasquatch

#80: Post by Newsasquatch »

Haha yeah i knew it wouldnt be great but it should be better than my nespresso pods, and id be happy enough with that improvement!