We want to thank this community with a gift! - Page 7

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#61: Post by Plinyyounger »

I have been loving the gmc and lions. I have been drinking both as straight or in flat whites, both have been great. I think I enjoy the lions more but just ordered another large bag of gmc, some cups and I'll send the shirt to my son. Great experience so far, fantastic job Caffe Lusso!
Family, coffee and fun.

CaffeLusso (original poster)
Sponsor

#62: Post by CaffeLusso (original poster) »

Good News!!! We found 6 more medium shirts!

I still have a good number of shirts left that I would love for you to receive. Even if you have gotten one already, you can receive another when you place another order.

Also, we have our Airscapes in stock!
We roast and ship 5 days a week!
www.caffelusso.com

wachuko

#63: Post by wachuko »

Those look very nice!!
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

bzarycranski

#64: Post by bzarycranski »

Love the gmc. Ordered another kilo and a kilo of decaf for my wife to try.

Also an Airscape. Thanks Caffe Lusso!

Jasper_8137

#65: Post by Jasper_8137 »

Got a bag of Ethiopia Harar last night. First few shots were great! 18g in with goal of 32 out.

My wife loves the shirt BTW!

wachuko

#66: Post by wachuko »

So I got some feedback from my bother-in-law on the coffee I sent him to try.

He has been taking some notes and these are the ones they have enjoyed so far. He has a Breville Oracle. Here are some of his comments... order is most recent to oldest:
  • Costa Rica La Minita Estate - easy to dial in, first shot amazing. I just opened the bag... so still waiting to pull a few more shots before I share more feedback.
  • Lionshare - low acidity, sweet, good body without being too strong... great for everyday
  • GMC - difficult to describe. Took more time to dial in to get a balanced shot. Strong aftertaste. It is good, but not my favorite
  • Brazil Peaberry - extremely balanced. Smooth. Not as strong as the others. Love it as a straight shot, but then again, I am not like you that only drinks straight shots... I liked it, but I doubt you would as it would be too light for your taste buds... you seem to like stuff closer to liquid tar, lol...
  • Guatemala Finca Florencia - nope. Not for me. Very strong and bitter. Not bad, just not for me.
  • Ethiopia Harar - holy cow, the aroma! Felt like I was at an artisan coffee place with a barista making it... Peculiar flavor that at first I did not know if I liked it or not... hard to explain, but then you feel like you want more. Daughter walked by and loved the aroma and asked for a cup...and remember she does not drink coffee... I think it is geared more towards a tea-like drinking experience. Very aromatic coffee...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

yoshiod9

#67: Post by yoshiod9 »

Just sent in an order late in the evening on the 12th and my mail carrier dropped off a package from Caffe Lusso today (the 15th). Got my wife a size M shirt. Super fast shipping... they've been doing better than Amazon Prime in their consistency in shipping/shipping time!

Last order, I really liked the Brazil Peaberry when it was around 8 or 9 days post roast. It changed dramatically between when I opened the bag (day 2 or 3 post roast... too early, I know!). 1:2 ratio at 18.1g dose. I was around 203* or so (don't have a scace, so I just did the temp adjustment for PID from the flashboil point-- not the most accurate, I'm sure.). Super tasty, for sure. For me, it seemed as though the acidity dropped off a ton and just made for a much smoother shot with the nutty/chocolate finish.

The GMC and Lionshare are tasty, as well. I'm not sure which I prefer, truthfully-- I think I'm leaning toward the Lionshare as it really holds latte art well (for me to show off to my wife) and tastes great as a shot (which is how I drink my coffee).

This time, I ordered the GMC and Lionshare again (gotta figure out which I like more, right?!) and then Ethiopia Harar. I'm really looking forward to the Harar.

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#68: Post by Plinyyounger »

Made another order last night. Ordered a big bag of Freedom blend and another large airscape container, they look great and work amazing. I can buy them from other places but not with the nice color and logo, buy some! Also I left a shirt out of my order this time, lol. One for me and one for my son is enough, lol.
Family, coffee and fun.

TomC
Team HB

#69: Post by TomC »

Talked to Phil (Owner of Caffe Lusso) today, it's been a year at least since I ordered Freedom Blend, but he confirmed for me today that it will show it's best at at 203 degrees. There's not enough Ethiopian Harrar in the blend to require a lower temperature.

Honestly, I pull all of my Caffe Lusso about 2 degrees higher than what I would expect or think of normally, and they all come out pretty spectacular. Pulling them at lower temps does seem to show them in a negative light, which is odd for this style. But I wonder if it has something to do with the quality of the greens that they source? I have been drinking their coffee for 5 years and have always been impressed by the quality they source. I doubt the reason for the requirements of a higher temp has anything to do with anything other than what expresses the bean in its optimal showcase. They're not lazy roasters or sourcers.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

wachuko

#70: Post by wachuko »

Well, so much mention of it... ordered the Freedom Blend to give it a try. Brother in law spoke well about the Costa Rica La Minita Estate so I got a bag of that to try as well... and just to be sure got two 1Kg bags of the Lionshare since I have been out of it for a few days...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654