Versalab M4 - Page 3

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
thirdshifter

Postby thirdshifter » Apr 11, 2019, 1:49 am

Nice! I sent off my M3 to John for the upgrade on Monday. Looking forward to testing it vs. my MC3.

roblumba

Postby roblumba » Apr 15, 2019, 4:09 pm

I'm getting an upgrade kit for my Versalab M3 soon. I'll also post some experience feedback on here after I install it. Of course, if I have any issues, I'll be communicating to John first to give him due chance to respond to any issues! :)

John Li

Postby John Li » Apr 17, 2019, 6:25 am

In my opinion, the popcorning and the belt sliding are the very down sides of Versalab M3, I use it for three months, every time to use the grinder, these two "defects" made me disappointed. I have to pick up coffee beans from the floor if I do not use my hand to cover the upper funnel while grinding, and I have to pour the coffee bean slowly. Other grinder no need to worry this matter, they have time to prepare other pre-brewing procedures etc.
Regarding the new funnel cover, I would say the Versalab treat it as optional accessory is wrong, moreover, the design of this transparent cover is too simple, no aesthetic sense to match the design of the grinder. Remember, it is a 3,000 US dollar grinder ! Not a cheap one !
Versalab has a responsibility to upgrade the belt sliding problem for the customer, actually it is not upgrade, it is a remedy.

AssafL

Postby AssafL » Apr 17, 2019, 9:52 am

A 3-month old grinder should not have the belt slip. Should take at least a year or more likely 2 or more years.

Why don't you call VL for support?
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.