Versalab M3 alignment kit - Page 4

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
EricC
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by EricC »

If you could please post a link here once it is ready on your web site that would be perfect.

Many thanks.

dantyvogel

#32: Post by dantyvogel »

I wouldn't need or be interested in any of the basic hand tools or bits, just the equipment needed to for alignment. $50 is a no brainer but I to have a quality alignment setup I would pay as much as around $100 if it was better and easier.

dantyvogel

#33: Post by dantyvogel »

LATrapp wrote:This quote just about sums up Versalab! Anyhow, count me in for what it's worth. I was lucky to stumble across this post and since I doubt versalab will be proactive in e-mailing past customers I hope I remember to check this thread.. :idea:

Always a scarcastic hater. Seems they're being as proactive as possible. Ask a small company to find invoices from 10 years ago.... I wouldn't expect it from anyone.

dantyvogel

#34: Post by dantyvogel »

If and when a product is available please let me know!

LATrapp

#35: Post by LATrapp »

dantyvogel wrote:Always a scarcastic hater. Seems they're being as proactive as possible. Ask a small company to find invoices from 10 years ago.... I wouldn't expect it from anyone.
Haha! That's hilarious. I'd love to recount my experience with VL over the past 10 years while trying to keep it positive unlike your post. Their design is brilliant, they set the standard for single dose back in the day, and I have the utmost respect for John and what he's accomplished in the audio design world (edit-and racing!) and coffee world. But yeah, feel free to hurl away. Seeing you joined HB a few months back this year, I'm curious when you purchased your grinder and if you've had to go through the teething issues and customer service that some other earlier purchasers endured. Anyhoo, congrats on your setup!

day

#36: Post by day replying to LATrapp »

Obviously this line of posting runs risk of running afoul of forums policies but I did feel the need to comment as a bystander casually curious about the versalab. It may have been an accident caused by the lack of audio and facial cues but the original post came across as extremely hostile to me when I first read it and did not leave me feeling a sense of respect at all, certainly not utmost respect.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

dantyvogel

#37: Post by dantyvogel »

LATrapp wrote:Haha! That's hilarious. I'd love to recount my experience with VL over the past 10 years while trying to keep it positive unlike your post. Their design is brilliant, they set the standard for single dose back in the day, and I have the utmost respect for John and what he's accomplished in the audio design world (edit-and racing!) and coffee world. But yeah, feel free to hurl away. Seeing you joined HB a few months back this year, I'm curious when you purchased your grinder and if you've had to go through the teething issues and customer service that some other earlier purchasers endured. Anyhoo, congrats on your setup!

Hey no hurling here partner. Just didn't seem to be a need for the comment when it seems they are trying to be proactive and do right by the customers. Better late than never. But then again everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Trust me as a Versalab owner i've read nearly every post on here and other sites. Plus my VL is one of the first produced, so it did need some help, and they've been nothing but good to me. Ya I'm new to HB but not sure what that has to do with much. I just see too many negative comments on social media anymore and get tired of it. Sorry if you feel I attacked you.

AssafL

#38: Post by AssafL »

How many vendors today take care of appliances sold 10 years prior?

Whenever VL was initially offered it was the only game in town and alignment wasn't considered an issue back then. Then the whole "grind as fine as Turkish" fad got started with lighter roasts.

VL could have made a new grinder (that's what i would have done) but instead are helping owners get their grinders aligned. This becoming the first in the industry to do so. And for old units at that.

I agree John is a bit over protective of his designs which comes across as argumentative at times. A side effect of passion. I, for one, can appreciate this passion. Beats indifference of vendors any day.

Hopefully, VL will make more data available - maintenance instructions, build, alignment, spare parts, burr alternatives, etc transparency that will promote confidence in the brand.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

EricC
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by EricC »

Exactly

leozava
Supporter ♡

#40: Post by leozava »

AssafL wrote:How many vendors today take care of appliances sold 10 years prior?

Whenever VL was initially offered it was the only game in town and alignment wasn't considered an issue back then. Then the whole "grind as fine as Turkish" fad got started with lighter roasts.

VL could have made a new grinder (that's what i would have done) but instead are helping owners get their grinders aligned. This becoming the first in the industry to do so. And for old units at that.

I agree John is a bit over protective of his designs which comes across as argumentative at times. A side effect of passion. I, for one, can appreciate this passion. Beats indifference of vendors any day.

Hopefully, VL will make more data available - maintenance instructions, build, alignment, spare parts, burr alternatives, etc transparency that will promote confidence in the brand.

Well said