Smart Espresso Profiler - product launch at World of Coffee Amsterdam - Page 5

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
csanadymiklos

#41: Post by csanadymiklos »

cebseb wrote:The Skale2 was the specific one I had in mind. The upcoming Decent Espresso scale is also another option I wouldn't mind having around. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of acaia products, however the price could be a little bit more competitive.

All in all, I'm very happy with the App. Fantastic work.
Thank you :)

And one more important thing: we are getting feedback about the way the capturing of the brew is stopped manually. Note, that, if you're using a scale, the capturing can be stopped by lifting the cup.

cebseb

#42: Post by cebseb »

Is there any way to set defaults for certain elements like the machine and operator? I don't plan on changing machines too often and I'll be the only one using the machine since it's for home.

Advertisement
naked-portafilter (original poster)

#43: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

cebseb wrote:Is there any way to set defaults for certain elements like the machine and operator?
It's on our to do list. We have some bug fixes, "strong wishes" and lot of "nice to haves". Our next release will come soon. We'll meet our developer tomorrow.

cebseb

#44: Post by cebseb replying to naked-portafilter »

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this an appropriate way to give your team feedback or should I use the info email provided in the support section?

#45: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) replying to cebseb »

Absolutely. It's a brand new product. Feedback is highly appreciated. We don't have secrets (in this regards :-)). For example there is a bug in the final form at the brewing ratio. The live brewing ratio is correct but the final value in the form is incorrect. Bug fix. We test ideas/upgrades on the application in our test environment. We are extremely happy that we could develop it under time pressure and launch it at WOC Amsterdam. We enjoyed every single day and the buzz on our booth.

cebseb

#46: Post by cebseb »

Could we possibly get the capability to pair AND view two sets of scales and transducers on 1 ios device? Perhaps give each device a different color on the output graph? I know this is a stretch, but I'm sure this would be a huge plus for multi-group machines...

#47: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) replying to cebseb »

Thanks Seb :-)! It's a period where we gather information and feedback from early adopters for future development. It's doable for the pressure transducers (I don't know the Lunar in this regard though). Now you can pull a shot with a specific setup put it in the background as reference change a/or more parameters and compare the shots.
We have to prioritise future developments.

Advertisement

#48: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Sorry for the long silence...summertime.

I played with a Londinium group on my PRO800 and did some comparisons. No double vs single spring. Only the Londinium.
Same coffee, grind, dose, temperature, pre-infusion BUT different ramp up profile (manipulating it manually - holding back the lever in the first third):

#49: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Breaking news :-):

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2018/09/17/ ... y-machine/

and a surprising pressure profile of my Red Label Faemina:

bpappas

#50: Post by bpappas »

Garbor, will this work with the Cinco scale?