Smart Espresso Profiler - product launch at World of Coffee Amsterdam - Page 2

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Tonefish

#11: Post by Tonefish »

Thanks Gabor! I hope you had a great race, or at least an enjoyable one! :D Cheers!!
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

naked-portafilter (original poster)

#12: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) replying to Tonefish »

Lost 17 minutes on puncture :-(. But we had great time in the Austrian Alps.

Testing the Flair with the SEP on high elevation:

Tonefish

#13: Post by Tonefish »

naked-portafilter wrote:Lost 17 minutes on puncture :-(. But we had great time in the Austrian Alps.

Testing the Flair with the SEP on high elevation:

<video>
Nice drone shots. Looks like you had great weather, great espresso and a fun ride despite the puncture. Can't beat that! In fact I'm jealous of all of it. :D WOW!

ProCyclist

#14: Post by ProCyclist »

bakafish wrote:Looks great. Can a thermometer be integrated into it?
I agree, would be an excellent addition to have both logged. Even with just pressure, very useful tool

#15: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) replying to ProCyclist »

I don't like wires to be honest. I would like a solution which would not make coffee brewing more difficult or a coffee machine looking ugly. make that working/looking perfectly needs lot of work. But don't forget pls that we will offer flow profiling also (the Lunar is integrated in the app).

csanadymiklos

#16: Post by csanadymiklos »

Hello, fellow coffee lovers,

today is a day to celebrate, as the app we made with Gábor is available from the app store:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1391707089

for now, it is iOS/iPhone (no iPad) only.

You will need our pressure transducer (available after the WOC at https://www.naked-portafilter.com/), and an Acaia Lunar scale to operate. By itself, it can be used to view recordings of previous shots.

To try the app with your phone, visit us at the World of Coffee in Amsterdam, Booth F11, and see how it works! Looking forward to see you!

Miklós

csanadymiklos

#17: Post by csanadymiklos »

oh, and enjoy our last video before the WOC

#18: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Yes, we are kind of relieved after 6 month of development (under heavy PRESSURE). We tried to pack as many of useful features as possible and we hope you'll like them. We are open for ideas, suggestions, critics of any kind. And most importantly we would be happy to welcome many of you at WOC Amsterdam (booth F11) next week.

This is our latest short film with some of my favourite machines in supporting roles.....

Ohh, Miklós was quicker than me :-)

Tonefish

#19: Post by Tonefish »

csanadymiklos wrote:Hello, fellow coffee lovers,

today is a day to celebrate, as the app we made with Gábor is available from the app store:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1391707089

for now, it is iOS/iPhone (no iPad) only.

You will need our pressure transducer (available after the WOC at https://www.naked-portafilter.com/), and an Acaia Lunar scale to operate. By itself, it can be used to view recordings of previous shots.

To try the app with your phone, visit us at the World of Coffee in Amsterdam, Booth F11, and see how it works! Looking forward to see you!

Miklós
This is both promising and unfortunate for me (I'm android and will not be switching to iPhone ... I'm over Apple's nickel and diming after having to buy a 3rd party app just to use my macbook pro's native resolution). Anyhow, I've been interested in using the Lunar to log weight-based flow and their app is not very good. Does this app work with the Lunar alone or only with both the Lunar and the pressure transducer? And when do you plan on having the android version? Cheers!

csanadymiklos

#20: Post by csanadymiklos replying to Tonefish »

To be honest, I'm an Android user myself. I bought a used iPhone, just to use it for coffee making. It lives in the kitchen, next to my coffee machine.

Right now, we want to see how the market reacts. An Android version is definitely on our to do list, but a date has not been decided yet.

For now, the app works only with the pressure transducer. It works without the Lunar, though. Acaia's own app actually does flow profiles, so we thought, that market segment is already covered. I see you didn't like the Acaia app. We don't plan to release a flow-profiling-only version, nevertheless, I noted your question.