Smart Espresso Profiler - product launch at World of Coffee Amsterdam

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
naked-portafilter

#1: Post by naked-portafilter »

Dear HB members,

We've been working with @csanadymiklos on an add-on for our piston pressure kits since January. It is a project, that has the potential to redefine what we think of espresso consistency. A tool, that can be attached to a large number of machines - lever or pump. It helps monitoring pressure and flow, can be used for analysis, education - or simply for fun.
In our newsletter we've sent out limited information to our subscriber. @mdmvrockford started even a thread speculating about the development. Now we reached a level in the development, where we can share more information, answer questions regarding the application if there are any.

A bluetooth transducer is used for monitoring/logging the pressure and and an Acaia Lunar for the flow.

One of the most important things about this tool is, that it can be hooked up to virtually any machine, which has a pressure port.

The product launches in the World of Coffee Amsterdam.

We call it the Smart Espresso Profiler.

I've edited a new video about the current version of the application:
On the link below you will find our earlier spots for the SEP:

https://www.naked-portafilter.com/smart ... -profiler/

We'are looking forward to your questions and appreciate your feedback, ideas, suggestions.

Gábor and Miklós

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by FotonDrv »

Thanks for the Link Gabor :D
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#3: Post by mivanitsky »

Brilliant, Gabor!

I'm not sure why I have not received the email update, but I have seen the other links in the thread, and thank you for the update!

Yet another thing I will "have" to buy!

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by LBIespresso replying to mivanitsky »

Same here! Never got the emails but have been following and can't wait to get one!
LMWDP #580

Tonefish

#5: Post by Tonefish »

Looks great Gabor! I've had my eye on this since the first tease and have been hungry for additional information, so thanks for setting up this thread. Will you be releasing a Cremina67 and Europiccola profiling kit that includes the new transmitter, or is this strictly an add-on for the existing kits? Also, has the price been determined and released?

I'm also curious about the flow derived from weight. It would seem that the actual flow depends on a density which would be variable depending upon the amount of and density of the crema, as well as the varied amount of coffee solubles added to the water over time. Are you aware of how much this can vary for your calculations of volumetric flow based on weight change, and how are you accounting for this?

I'm excited about this product as I am sure you are too. Best wishes for a successful launch and Expo!
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

bas

#6: Post by bas »

Impressive work!

Did you find a solution for the Strietman as well?

Ciao

bakafish

#7: Post by bakafish »

Looks great. Can a thermometer be integrated into it?

naked-portafilter (original poster)

#8: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Tonefish wrote:Looks great Gabor! I've had my eye on this since the first tease and have been hungry for additional information, so thanks for setting up this thread. Will you be releasing a Cremina67 and Europiccola profiling kit that includes the new transmitter, or is this strictly an add-on for the existing kits? Also, has the price been determined and released?

I'm also curious about the flow derived from weight. It would seem that the actual flow depends on a density which would be variable depending upon the amount of and density of the crema, as well as the varied amount of coffee solubles added to the water over time. Are you aware of how much this can vary for your calculations of volumetric flow based on weight change, and how are you accounting for this?

I'm excited about this product as I am sure you are too. Best wishes for a successful launch and Expo!
We will launch it as add on for the existing kits. But there are some machines (most E61 group machines and all La Marzoccos with the gauge mounted on the group) which can the transducer hooked on without any modification.

Price: we are still developing on the application, no price determined yet sorry.

Flow: as it is now, is simply the rise of the espresso weight/second.

#9: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

bas wrote:Impressive work!

Did you find a solution for the Strietman as well?

Ciao
There is a working prototype with a Caravel like handle. Machining the parts for that handle is extremely expensive. I'll try to push it down.

#10: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

bakafish wrote:Looks great. Can a thermometer be integrated into it?
A nicely integrated solution seems very difficult.