Single Dosing With The Ditting 807 Filter

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
primacoffee
Sponsor

#1: Post by primacoffee »

The long awaited Ditting 807 line is finally beginning to make its way to us here in the US! As of today, the 807 Filter is now in stock at Prima.

Instead of a shaker plate or folding platform, the 807 Filter features an adjustable fork and slide designed primarily to accommodate batch brew baskets. Grinding directly into a brew basket saves a barista significant time, negating the need to first grind into a receptacle. Filter baskets of any common size are compatible with the 807 Filter's hardware (think Fetco, Curtis, Bunn). Two opposing forks are easily adjustable to match the width and height of the brew basket being used. An adjustable slide also allows the user to direct the grounds to the middle of the brew basket, preventing mounding at the edge. The 807 filter is not limited to use with batch brewers; the open workspace allows for single dosing, and since the knocker/bag clamp is also still there, the user may also grind directly into bags. Offering a full range of grind sizes from turkish to cold brew, the 807 Filter is easily the most versatile grinder of the 807 lineup. This grinder can also be outfitted with cast steel burrs for equal performance to the Lab Sweet.

Many of you have expressed interest in the Lab Sweet (also coming in the next month or so!). But if you're a home enthusiast grinding for pour over or espresso, we actually think the 807 Filter is a better option for single dosing (especially when outfitted with Lab Sweet burrs!) Though the adjustable fork is not of use for single dosing, it does not have to be installed, and the user can take advantage of the 807 Filter's slide which directs grounds outward at a soft angle (great for a portafilter with a funnel). If you're interested in upgrading to the cast steel burr set, just let us know and we can swap out the burrs for an additional fee. Keep in mind that this is a commercial grinder with horizontally mounted burrs, so there will be some retention per cycle. In my experience, it's usually around 0.5g or less.

Video of single dosing with Ditting 807 Filter:
The 807 Filter listing can be found here: https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/grin ... ditting-pp

For more info, email us at sales@prima-coffee.com

-Ryan
Product Manager
Prima Coffee
888-837-7892
4603 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
http://prima-coffee.com

pntz

#2: Post by pntz »

Just starting to explore the potential of my new 807 Filter w/ Lab Sweet burrs; super pleased so far after some alignment/seasoning. The adjustable fork struck me as having the potential to support a portafilter holder. Printed in TPU (in an attempt to reduce vibration transfer) an interface between a Decent portafilter holder I had and the forks. The forks aren't quite identical, and my caliper skills are only so-so, so I'm calling this v0.1. Next version shall adjust dimensions and add a holder for a WDT tool. I think the rail Ditting put on the 807 has lots of potential for a range of attachments beyond the current shelf and fork options.

primacoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by primacoffee (original poster) »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this! Yes, we have suggested to Hemro that some other accessories be developed for the 807 rail, namely a portafilter holder.
Prima Coffee
888-837-7892
4603 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
http://prima-coffee.com

pntz

#4: Post by pntz »

Happy enough w/ this version to call it v1.0. Fits like a glove on the forks (YMMV as my two forks are not perfectly dimensionally identical, though sufficiently symmetric that there's no asymmetry in this interface; not sure what variation may exist with others). Included an extension to house a magnet allowing the Sheldon WDT tool (which comes with magnets embedded in the handle) to hang for easy access. The design can be found here, and I printed w/ 100% fill TPU. I am curious if a lower fill would help further reduce vibration transfer, but the current print is good enough.