Silvia Pro In Stock

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
chriscoffee
Sponsor

#1: Post by chriscoffee »

It's been a long time coming but we finally received in our shipment of Rancilio Silvia Pro machines today!

We only have a few left already after fulfilling all of our pre-orders, so don't miss out and grab yours now!

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/ra ... silvia-pro

Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by pizzaman383 »

How well does it work? Other than the separate steam boiler is there anything else new or different?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Advertisement
chriscoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by chriscoffee (original poster) »

Great question! We actually haven't even had a chance to test it out yet. I'm afraid we may sell out before we get a chance to, but if we still have them available by the end of the week I plan on putting one in our display room to play around with it.

The advantage over the Silvia M is that it's a dual boiler machine with a built in PID, so you can now brew and steam simultaneously with no temp. fluctuations. It also has a timer built into it so you can set it to turn on at a certain time without needing to wait for it to warm up, or buy an additional devise like a Wemo smart plug to control it.

More to come after we get a chance to use it ourselves!
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

nguye569

#4: Post by nguye569 »

I didn't know these had a built in timer! That's a nice feature for them to incorporate.

bcrdukes

#5: Post by bcrdukes »

Hi Chris,

As much as I loved my Silvia, which served me well for a solid 5 years, I feel that the folks at the product development teams at Rancilio may want to consider "upping" their parts and materials for future iterations.

The rubber gasket at the steam wand really need to be updated and easily repairable/replaceable - ask your technician! I found that the steam wand's rubber gasket too soft, often deteriorating quick. Thanks!

Regards,

Mike
LMWDP #685