SCA Expo News and Pass Give-away

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
primacoffee
Sponsor

Postby primacoffee » Mar 12, 2019, 12:26 pm

Hey folks! With the Global Specialty Coffee Expo just a month away, I wanted to drop some details about our booth as well as offer a few guest badges to some fine coffee people!

This year, we're focusing our booth theme entirely around espresso grinders. We'll have 9 commercial models set up, exhibiting some of the features and qualities you can find from entry level to high end. With two Linea Minis set up, booth visitors can come check out the grinder range on display, pull a shot or two to compare flavor, and explore the grinder tech that suits their needs or budget best. The models we'll have on hand are:

• Baratza Forte BG
  • Mazzer Super Jolly E
  • Anfim SCODY II
  • Mahlkonig E65S
  • Mahlkonig Peak
  • Mazzer Robur E
  • Victoria Arduino Mythos 2 Gravimetric
  • Mazzer ZM
  • Mahlkonig EK43S

Every grinder will be running the same coffee, and we'll be tasting and tweaking throughout the day to keep things dialed in. Should be a pretty fun time, so if you'll be at the show come see us at Booth 418! For those of you on the commercial side of things, we'll also have additional information about our offerings and services, including other beverage and restaurant equipment, build-out consultations, creative services, wholesale, and more.

Now, I also wanted to offer three guest badges to the community here. Guest badges are two-day badges that grant full access to the Expo Hall, Activities Hall, and competitions for those two days. A third day can also be purchased for a discounted rate of $75 if desired. These badges are somewhat restricted this year however (I suspect there may have been abuse in previous years), so there are a few rules to consider:

1. Badges must be registered by the end of this month. The offer expires on April 1st
  2. These badges cannot be redeemed by a person already registered for other Expo badges, including exhibitor badges and one-day badges
  3. Badges can only be redeemed through the online registration portal, there is no on-site registration this year (and the deadline is before the show anyway)

If you're interested in a badge, I'll offer them as first-come-first-served here - one per person, please. Edit: That was quick! All three are spoken for, I will update if that changes. Just drop a comment that you would like a badge and I'll follow up through PM to get your email information. Once I have your email address I'll get the invite link sent out to you.

That's all for now, hope to see some of y'all in Boston!
Prima Coffee
888-837-7892
4603 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
http://prima-coffee.com

rhsant

Postby rhsant » Mar 12, 2019, 12:49 pm

Hi - very generous offer - I would be interested in a badge. Best, Rich

frank828

Postby frank828 » Mar 12, 2019, 1:13 pm

That's super generous of you guys!

I'd really appreciate a pass as well

Fluffeepuff

Postby Fluffeepuff » Mar 14, 2019, 9:25 am

I'd love to be on the standby list :mrgreen:
<*>---<

kc2hje

Postby kc2hje » Mar 27, 2019, 8:28 am

Question for you guys, is the show open to the public? I see tickets for sale but i'm assumming its like the SEMA show where you have to be a buyer or reseller of parts etc.

Chris

Coffcarl

Postby Coffcarl » Mar 27, 2019, 9:41 am

There is an enthusiast badge. Also, they are still looking for volunteers. 20 hours gets you full access, but perhaps they would waive the 20 hours (16 hours instead?) Since they need people:

https://coffeeexpo.org/why-volunteer