Ratio Six coffee maker

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
clivecoffee
Sponsor

#1: Post by clivecoffee » May 23, 2019, 2:18 pm

A new drip coffee maker has arrived!

Check out the Kickstarter campaign for the Ratio Six: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ra ... reator_nav

Retail will be $345 when this unit begins shipping in December. We have a limited quantity available at 44% and 30% off via Kickstarter.

The Ratio Six will be on display in Berlin at the World of Coffee June 6-8. Please stop by if you're at the show! Booth I7.

Best,
Mark

ira
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by ira » May 23, 2019, 8:08 pm

Is the main difference between the Six and the Eight the visuals?

And I'm somewhat confused by the person who spent $75 for $33 worth of coffee.

Ira

AMac

#3: Post by AMac » May 23, 2019, 11:04 pm

ira wrote:Is the main difference between the Six and the Eight the visuals?
Eight has a cone filter
Six has a flat bottom filter

nrh

#4: Post by nrh » May 23, 2019, 11:33 pm

It looks to be priced to complete with the Technivorm Moccamaster.
Nick H.

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#5: Post by clivecoffee » May 24, 2019, 4:16 pm

Size and price are biggest differentiators! Here is a complete list: https://ratiocoffee.com/help-articles/r ... ratio-six/
The Eight thermal and glass carafes for Chemex filter or Kone will also work in the Six, and vice versa. We're actively looking at a number 4 filter option as well.

JayBeck

#6: Post by JayBeck » May 29, 2019, 9:12 am

I ordered one. This should replace my Bonavita 8-CUP. I love the slim package and flat bottom filter. Plus if I want the original look, couldn't I just put my Chemex underneath or does this have a metal sensor like the Eight?

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#7: Post by clivecoffee » Jun 13, 2019, 11:34 am

@JayBeck sorry for the late reply! The Six does have the same magnet sensor as the Eight, so you can easily swap in the Ratio hand blown carafe for a Chemex filter or Kone. We've been thinking about creating a silicone trivet of sorts with a magnet inside so that people could use a Chemex etc. Would you be interested in that?

mbenedet

#8: Post by mbenedet » Jun 13, 2019, 12:13 pm

Could you comment a bit on the spray head? I wonder if it actually wets the bed evenly and if it's able to dispense water from each hole. My technivorm and bonavita fail in this regard.

Thank you

JayBeck

#9: Post by JayBeck » Jun 13, 2019, 2:57 pm

clivecoffee wrote:@JayBeck sorry for the late reply! The Six does have the same magnet sensor as the Eight, so you can easily swap in the Ratio hand blown carafe for a Chemex filter or Kone. We've been thinking about creating a silicone trivet of sorts with a magnet inside so that people could use a Chemex etc. Would you be interested in that?
Very much so! I'd love to use my Chemex for that filter and not need another decanter on my crowded shelf. I'm a buyer for sure!

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#10: Post by clivecoffee » Jul 05, 2019, 2:05 pm

@JayBeck Noted! Thank you.
@mbenedet The Eight and the Six both use the same shower head, which is stainless steel and about 2.5" across. It does a good job of full saturating the grounds, but we do recommend a quick stir with a spoon during the bloom phase to ensure complete saturation! The open design of the carafe makes this very easy to do. We need to get more videos of the shower heads in action, but you can see it somewhat in this video:
Similarly to the Bonavita and Technivorm, we do not use a pump in these models to avoid moving parts that can be failure points, so there is not enough pressure in the system to ensure all of the holes are being used equally at all times, but if the machine is on a level surface it will typically do a great job saturating the grounds. Let us know any other questions!