Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
WholeLatteLove
Sponsor

#1: Post by WholeLatteLove »

Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all.

We are still low on stock but we can start taking pre orders for the Profitec Flow Control Device. We expect to have some available to ship on or very close to April 19th

https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... rol-device

As many of you know this is Stainless Steel (not chrome plated) mushroom that has been converted into an adjustable flow control tool. It has a gauge that mounts on the front of the E61 group.

I am not sure exactly which non ECM/Profitec machines it will work on right now but will dig in tomorrow and then post some information on how it works on other brands.

A couple notes:
The handle is a little long right now so we are making a new handle for the Flow Control Device soon which will allow for a little more full flow at maximum open. Right now we are at about 6.25 ml/sec. When the minimum flow is about a slow drip.
I tested the flow control device on a PRO500 and it worked great. You can get a full rotation, so you can go all the way from zero up to full flow with the existing handle.
The gauge on Profitec model does not have Profitec written on the gauge. It has the Italian word for pump, which is "Pompa".
When the new handle is available we will send it out to all of purchased the existing handle.

This video will show how to install and quick demo on how it works.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

mallen4248

#2: Post by mallen4248 »

Todd, a few questions. When will the new handle be available to those of us who have the new Profitec 700 with flow control? The other, how is the existing handle plastic portion attached to the metal portion (i.e. size of threads, thread in, glued, molded in, etc.) I'm wanting to have one of our HB members make a set of wooden controls for my setup. I don't want to damage or destroy the handle trying to take it apart without a source of replacement. Love the new 700 w/FC BTW. Thanks.
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

speedplay

#3: Post by speedplay »

Awesome!
If it works with my Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus I'll take one!
Especially if the flow will be more than the current 6.25 ml/s.

Kellyk

#4: Post by Kellyk »

Ordered. Will be fun to try out. Thanks for opening it up to all!

Haskens

#5: Post by Haskens »

Todd, any idea if this will work on an Izzo Alex Duetto?

And other than for larger e61 groups like vibiemme, what are the main reasons these might not work with the Izzo or other stock e61 groupheads? They seem almost identical internally, and so long as the brew valve and spring fit inside the mushroom, the mushroom fits inside the head and threads in, it should work right? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

danny31292

#6: Post by danny31292 »

I pre-ordered one for my Lucca M58 (aka quickmill). I figure if it doesn't work it should be pretty easy to resell on here.

WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#7: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

mallen4248 wrote:Todd, a few questions. When will the new handle be available to those of us who have the new Profitec 700 with flow control? The other, how is the existing handle plastic portion attached to the metal portion (i.e. size of threads, thread in, glued, molded in, etc.) I'm wanting to have one of our HB members make a set of wooden controls for my setup. I don't want to damage or destroy the handle trying to take it apart without a source of replacement. Love the new 700 w/FC BTW. Thanks.
I don't have an ETA on the handle yet. My best guess is that we will have it in a few weeks.
I'm sorry but I am not sure about the thread size right now. But I'll get that for you.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#8: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

speedplay wrote:Awesome!
If it works with my Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus I'll take one!
Especially if the flow will be more than the current 6.25 ml/s.
I did test on an Alex today and it worked perfectly.
The max flow rate now is about the 6.25 ml/sec. when you have a very low flow at the off position.
When the new handle comes out you wil be able to shut it down to any flow rate on the low and and the high end.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

mallen4248

#9: Post by mallen4248 »

WholeLatteLove wrote:I don't have an ETA on the handle yet. My best guess is that we will have it in a few weeks.
I'm sorry but I am not sure about the thread size right now. But I'll get that for you.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks Todd, as always in my dealings with WLL Customer Service has been great!
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

adambh

#10: Post by adambh »

Could you test this on a Rocket r58?