Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all - Page 9

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
BaristaBoy E61

#81: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

pcrussell50 wrote:You have your line pre infusion at five bar? I regulated mine down to about just under three.

But in any event, a free flow of about 1.5 ml/s is kind of standard for hardcore flow profiling during pre infusion/pre brew. For those 75 second shots with 45s pre infusion. I'm not sure you can get that low at five bar, without a valve.

Still true that line pressure pre infusion is a whole lot better than nothing.

-Peter

I haven't measured flow rate by ml/s but I suppose I could easily do that, just for reference. My preinfusion does not run for 45s nor is total shot time usually near 75-seconds. I could lengthen the preinfusion and shot time by adjusting the grind finer but everything is dialed in and tastes just great, in fact they're always better tasting than whatever we have in cafés. We almost always use the same coffee that we and our guests just love.

This makes me question the utility of the flow control mushroom, at least for me...
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

pcrussell50

#82: Post by pcrussell50 »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote: I haven't measured flow rate by ml/s but I suppose I could easily do that, just for reference. My preinfusion does not run for 45s nor is total shot time usually near 75-seconds. I could lengthen the preinfusion and shot time by adjusting the grind finer but everything is dialed in and tastes just great, in fact they're always better tasting than whatever we have in cafés. We almost always use the same coffee that we and our guests just love.

This makes me question the utility of the flow control mushroom, at least for me...
True, if you don't make coffees that are improved with that kind of thing, you obviously will not need that kind of capability. But some of us do use those kinds of coffees. I'd be curious to see what your open flow rate is a your five bar line pressure.

For reference, here is one with 30s @1.5ml/s before bumping up to regular full flow (6ml/s) for the middle portion, before finishing back at 1.5 again:
The only difference is that with today's profilers, you are not limited to just two speeds.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

mariog7

#83: Post by mariog7 »

WLL never has them in stock, so I just ordered directly from Italy - https://www.elektros.it/us/en/equipment ... evice.html

mariog7

#84: Post by mariog7 »

...and I just installed it!

pcrussell50

#85: Post by pcrussell50 »

mariog7 wrote: ...and I just installed it!
Comgrats. A very advanced barista friend of mine with a Slayer, went over to his mate's house with an e61 with one of those valves. He was smitten. Now he wants to mod his Slayer to get that control.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

mariog7

#86: Post by mariog7 »

Thanks, Peter

alleyooptroop

#87: Post by alleyooptroop »

was just chatting online with a rep at WLL. was told the flow control device kit will no longer be sold? only available if you buy a new machine. anyone know another source?

(edit)
also found this on amazon. looks like a copy?
https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Sensor-Co ... B0834DV619

alleyooptroop

#88: Post by alleyooptroop »

Nick111

#89: Post by Nick111 »

No personal experience with the following vendor,
https://coffee-sensor.com/product/coffe ... roupheads/

Incognito007

#90: Post by Incognito007 »

Just wondering like a few others whether it can be confirmed that this device would work with the rocket appartamento. Thanks in advance if anyone can shed light.