Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all - Page 8

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
welshine

#71: Post by welshine »

WholeLatteLove wrote:Yes, everyone who has the current handle will be contacted by us and a new one sent out.
Hi Todd, is there any news of the new handle? Thank you! :D
I must to take away the warm cup holder of Pro700 for 360 deg. control.

jnl82

#72: Post by jnl82 »

Will this fit my IZZO ALEX DUETTO 3 ?

I am thinking yes because so far I have read that it fit DUETTO 2 and 4.

Any idea when this will become available again ?

Thanks.

achosid

#73: Post by achosid »

I'm super interested in one of these for my Appartamento but I wouldn't want to give up my grouphead thermometer for it. Has anyone figured out how to do both?

Bartoli

#74: Post by Bartoli »

Anyone heard if/when the new flow control for Profitec will be in stock at WLL? I called and customer service will not commit to a date and they also will not take any pre-order. Todd?

msoni33

#75: Post by msoni33 »

Hi,

Does this kit work with the Rocket Appartamento?

Thanks

Jorko

#76: Post by Jorko »

Any news regarding availability?

Snigle

#77: Post by Snigle »

WLL has told me several times they have no current plans to sell the Flow Control Device separately, and for the foreseeable future it will only be available pre-installed on new machines. I asked again last month and was told the same answer.

I just found out that Jetblack Espresso out of Oz stocks these devices. I ordered an ECM flow control device form them, shipped to Wisconsin USA for roughly $210 USD in total. I ordered it last week and it has already arrived and is waiting for me at my post office.

https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/sho ... -regulator

https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/sho ... ator-p1065

Nick111

#78: Post by Nick111 »

Checked elektros in Italy, shows availability.

BaristaBoy E61

#79: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Nunas wrote:If you add the flow kit (with or without the gauge), you'll be able to change the nature of your shot profile. One way to use it is to start the shot with the valve closed, then lift the lever and open the valve a bit. This controls the preinfusion time. For the middle third of the shot, run the valve at about 1.5 turns open, which is about the same jet setting as a stock e61. Then gradually close the valve for the last third, simulating the pressure drop off of a spring-type lever machine. You don't really "need" the gauge to do this, as you can judge by flow of the espresso instead of the pressure..

I don't see that much is to be gained installing this flow control mushroom if your machine is direct plumbed and particularly if it's DB with a rotary pump. The most revealing tool would be a bottomless portafilter to allow monitoring of flow.

What I am now doing (with unmodified mushroom) is line preinfusion of about 5-Bar for about 25-seconds, based on how the shot is developing, then going to pump 'ON' mode for about another 35-40 seconds and then back down to line level 'post infusion' to finish off the shot.

I would be interested to hear from someone who had previously used this method before modifying their group with the flow control mushroom to get their take on what the difference in taste might be.

Perhaps this needs its own thread.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

pcrussell50

#80: Post by pcrussell50 »

You have your line pre infusion at five bar? I regulated mine down to about just under three.

But in any event, a free flow of about 1.5 ml/s is kind of standard for hardcore flow profiling during pre infusion/pre brew. For those 75 second shots with 45s pre infusion. I'm not sure you can get that low at five bar, without a valve.

Still true that line pressure pre infusion is a whole lot better than nothing.

-Peter
LMWDP #553