Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all - Page 6

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#51: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

luckydragon wrote:Hi Todd,

Would the device be compatible with the Synchronika as well, or is there an ECM-specific version in the works?
Yes, the device will work with the Synchronika and we will have the upgrade ready soon. I expect "soon", to be in about two weeks.

Sorry for the delay. The issue is getting a handle that will turn 360 degrees so there is no limitation to the control of the flow.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Sponsor

#52: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

luckydragon wrote:Thanks for the reply, Todd. It would be fetching if the ECM's handle matched the brew lever! I see that ECM is moving their joysticks to the chrome-capped design as well (as per the Technika Profi V), so I think it would be great for the flow controller to follow suit, even if it came at a premium cost.
We did have a really nice sample with that handle that you described. But, with it we did not get enough rotation on the control, so its a no go on that one. A new handle has been designed and Michael and ECM is getting ready to ship it.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

welshine

#53: Post by welshine »

WholeLatteLove wrote:Yes, the device will work with the Synchronika and we will have the upgrade ready soon. I expect "soon", to be in about two weeks.

Sorry for the delay. The issue is getting a handle that will turn 360 degrees so there is no limitation to the control of the flow.
Hi Todd,
Could we have the 360 degrees parts for the previous order? It's really important for the wide range control.
Thank you.

Sponsor

#54: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) replying to welshine »

Yes, everyone who has the current handle will be contacted by us and a new one sent out.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

mallen4248

#55: Post by mallen4248 »

Todd, is there any news on the updated flow control knob for the Profitec 700 and since I'm asking for the Synchronika for those owners?
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

Cjfilm

#56: Post by Cjfilm »

WholeLatteLove wrote:Over the weekend we have tested the flow control on the PRO600, Rocket, Bezzera and Quickmill and it works just fine.

Thanks for asking.
Hey Todd,

Is there a difference in approach or any limitation with using the flow control device on a PRO 600, since it is a vibe pump machine?

Also any updates on when more FC's will be in stock?

Thanks!

RNAV

#57: Post by RNAV »

WholeLatteLove wrote:Yes, the device will work with the Synchronika and we will have the upgrade ready soon. I expect "soon", to be in about two weeks.

Todd,

Any update on when the ECM flow kit will be available? Thanks!

yvrdennis

#58: Post by yvrdennis »

I've got one on pre-order. I spoke to Whole Latte Love yesterday and was told that they're now expecting to have them in 2 to 4 weeks.

mallen4248

#59: Post by mallen4248 »

WholeLatteLove wrote:I don't have an ETA on the handle yet. My best guess is that we will have it in a few weeks.
I'm sorry but I am not sure about the thread size right now. But I'll get that for you.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Any idea on the updated flow control handle for the Profitec Pro 700?
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

pcrussell50

#60: Post by pcrussell50 »

Sorry I haven't read all 60 posts... I did read all the posts on the previous page though.

Janky, unloved handle notwithstanding, how does this thing perform? And more, how does it perform in non-Profitec machines? Seems like these ought to be the major talking points of this thread. Or is it simply too early to tell? I would have thought that in the three months since this thread started, these "devices" would be on perpetual backorde,r due to demand.

-Peter
LMWDP #553