Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all - Page 5

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#41: Post by baldheadracing »

WholeLatteLove wrote:Its funny, you can ship in products from China the the USA super cheap via the postal service with no issues but shipping between the USA and Canada can be expensive. Hmmmm
The Chinese government has a policy of subsidising postal service.

Compare costs of shipping between mainland China, Taiwan, and Japan and you'll see one of them is much lower ...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

TsurTriger

#42: Post by TsurTriger »

There is a very ancient post office international agreement between countries that divided the entire world into groups.
The purpose of the agreement was to help poor countries with export to richer countries.
The problem is that the groups is the same as it was decades ago, but there are some countries that consider poor in the past but now there are not so poor, China for example.

The base agreement says: "Richer countries subsidize poor countries shipping. Regardless whose is the sender and whose is the receiver"

https://dailycaller.com/2015/06/16/inte ... eign-mail/

Advertisement
jerrymouse

#43: Post by jerrymouse »

Hi,
I wanted to order, but noticed that the device is out of stock. When it will be available?

Kellyk

#44: Post by Kellyk »

I realized why the handle does not turn completely. If you take off the cup warmer tray it is not impeded. A measurement error initially.

WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#45: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

adambh wrote:Could you test this on a Rocket r58?
Yes, I tested it on the R58 and it worked just fine.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

mallen4248

#46: Post by mallen4248 »

Todd, is there any word on when the new design handle will be available? Or could you at least share photos of the new design?
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

Sponsor

#47: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) replying to mallen4248 »

Sorry, but I have not gotten any update from the factory yet. I expect to hear back soon.
Thanks
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Advertisement
luckydragon

#48: Post by luckydragon »

Hi Todd,

Would the device be compatible with the Synchronika as well, or is there an ECM-specific version in the works?

Sponsor

#49: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) replying to luckydragon »

The Profitec and the ECM will have the same mushroom valves but a different handle and different gauge. The gauge on the ECM will be larger and will be white. Not sure about the look of the handle at this time.

The profitec one will be available soon and the ECM at around the end of June.

Note: I still don't have a final ETA on the updated handle for the Profitec models.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

luckydragon

#50: Post by luckydragon replying to WholeLatteLove »

Thanks for the reply, Todd. It would be fetching if the ECM's handle matched the brew lever! I see that ECM is moving their joysticks to the chrome-capped design as well (as per the Technika Profi V), so I think it would be great for the flow controller to follow suit, even if it came at a premium cost.