Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all - Page 4

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
jgood

#31: Post by jgood »

Question -- I am assuming that if it works on a QM Alexia then it would work on a QM Carola (e61 w/o steamer) -- does that make sense?

Sheitan

#32: Post by Sheitan »

If it works on the current ECM/Profitec machines does it means that it will fit that well on the old model ECM Technica 3 ?

Kellyk

#33: Post by Kellyk »

Mine arrived today. Thanks WLL! Install on weekend. Damn UPS and their customs clearance fees but that's international shipping to Canada for you. Looking out for the new handle when available.

biketo

#34: Post by biketo »

Kellyk wrote:Damn UPS and their customs clearance fees but that's international shipping to Canada for you.
I've hesitated to order for this very reason. Money for nothing.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#35: Post by baldheadracing »

Kellyk wrote:Mine arrived today. Thanks WLL! Install on weekend. Damn UPS and their customs clearance fees but that's international shipping to Canada for you. Looking out for the new handle when available.
As an aside, only UPS Ground charges some of those fees. Their more expensive services include clearance so may work out to be less. USPS/CanadaPost is best because you can flip a coin whether you get charged anything at all. If a company won't do mail - it can be inconvenient - then most of them will do FedEx. A FedEx account is easy to open online with a credit card, and then as long as the shipper puts your FedEx account number on the waybill, you will never be charged advancement fees (or you'll be able to get a refund if you are charged). (A UPS account works the same way, but is a bit more effort to arrange. If a company only does UPS, then I have the shipper bill to my UPS account directly for everything including shipping.)

OTOH, the USD:CAD exchange rate ... :cry:
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Kellyk

#36: Post by Kellyk »

The item works very well. I believe it needs to be adjusted differently from the video if you are on plumbed in water otherwise it will drip/run constantly even with the pump off (which makes sense). I think with the new knob it will not be an issue because you can turn it right off when not in use.

I also realize I need a descale looking at the existing mushroom...

elbertfunkleberg

#37: Post by elbertfunkleberg »

Kellyk wrote:The item works very well. I believe it needs to be adjusted differently from the video if you are on plumbed in water otherwise it will drip/run constantly even with the pump off (which makes sense). I think with the new knob it will not be an issue because you can turn it right off when not in use.
Leave the valve full open when not in use - it won't drip then.

WholeLatteLove (original poster)
Sponsor

#38: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Kellyk wrote:Mine arrived today. Thanks WLL! Install on weekend. Damn UPS and their customs clearance fees but that's international shipping to Canada for you. Looking out for the new handle when available.
Its funny, you can ship in products from China the the USA super cheap via the postal service with no issues but shipping between the USA and Canada can be expensive. Hmmmm
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Sponsor

#39: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Sheitan wrote:If it works on the current ECM/Profitec machines does it means that it will fit that well on the old model ECM Technica 3 ?
Yes, it will work perfectly on the Technika.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love

Sponsor

#40: Post by WholeLatteLove (original poster) »

Kellyk wrote:The item works very well. I believe it needs to be adjusted differently from the video if you are on plumbed in water otherwise it will drip/run constantly even with the pump off (which makes sense). I think with the new knob it will not be an issue because you can turn it right off when not in use.

I also realize I need a descale looking at the existing mushroom...
In regards to a descale. Please make sure you are using proper water in your machine. Preventative maintenance is a much better way to go.

Yes, you may have to make your own adjustments so that it will operate as you like. For example you may want to be able to close it off completely or you may want a minimum flow at the max close position so that you can have a higher flow at your max open position.
Ben Coleman
Whole Latte Love