Profitec Flow Control Device is now available to all - Page 3

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
TsurTriger

#21: Post by TsurTriger »

That's look great.
Unfortunately, orders outside the US is unavailable via your website. :cry:

danny31292

#22: Post by danny31292 »

Works perfectly on my Lucca M58. 6ml/s wide open, not quite fully no flow when closed. Be aware, no teflon tape is provided and my gauge is crooked until I get some. Unfortunately, removing the grouphead thermometer means I don't know when I'm up to temp to pull my first test shot :evil:

Looks like my pressure gauge washer was too compressed and the gauge is not straight because of this.

elbertfunkleberg

#23: Post by elbertfunkleberg replying to danny31292 »

I expected a washer to be included but it wasn't. I had to make a couple of attempts with teflon tape to get the gauge to tighten at the right angle. Not a big deal I guess but a new washer would have been useful.

TsurTriger

#24: Post by TsurTriger »

danny31292 wrote:Works perfectly on my Lucca M58. 6ml/s wide open, not quite fully no flow when closed. Be aware, no teflon tape is provided and my gauge is crooked until I get some. Unfortunately, removing the grouphead thermometer means I don't know when I'm up to temp to pull my first test shot :evil:

Looks like my pressure gauge washer was too compressed and the gauge is not straight because of this.
On machines without PID (like my Giulia), I not sure that I will remove the thermometer and replace it with the gauge. After all, it easier to learn pressure and its paddle position, rather than to guess the temperature of the water.

lfholland

#25: Post by lfholland »

I installed it successfully with my Quickmill Vetrano today. I only pulled two shots, but no issues so far. The pressure got to 9 bar when open as far as the handle allows and a slow drip on the other end.

I agree with those above that a teflon washer would have been easier, but the tape worked fine on my second attempt.

mohninme

#26: Post by mohninme »

Use a 6mm copper washer to seal it between the two machined faces (assuming that the gauge has one). This would provide a clean install and no teflon tape would be needed. This is how Eric's thermometer is Installed.
Michael

danny31292

#27: Post by danny31292 replying to mohninme »

I tried using the washer from Eric's thermometer and the gauge was still not aligned even close.

mohninme

#28: Post by mohninme »

Strange. If that gauge is designed for this port, it should have a proper stepped surface to interface with that on the group head. All proper straight thread connections will have this or an oring seal with a taper. It doesn't sound like this is a good match at all.

Perhaps a picture is in order to show the issue.
Michael

Sheitan

#29: Post by Sheitan »

Guys do you think it will fit the Vibiemme grouphead, since it looks kinda different from the outside ?

Thanks.

danny31292

#30: Post by danny31292 replying to Sheitan »

It will not. See the linked image below; the Vibiemme mushroom down not screw on like most other E61 machines.
https://images.app.goo.gl/W4EFhDZ8gAhgBfRx5