BIANCA: Order this game changer home espresso machine... - Page 32

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#311: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

sweaner wrote:Jim, which products took 1st and 2nd?
1st - Enhanced Beverage Solutions - Nitro Tower
2nd - Cube Methods - Coffee Ice Machine 250

As you can see, it is a competition of non-consumable products within the industry. So, Bianca does not always compete against espresso machines, but everything with relation to coffee. In other words, it is extremely difficult to place top 3. Last year, we had a truly innovative product and it never made it.

This is why we are so ecstatic that it won 3rd!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

thm655321

#312: Post by thm655321 »

Lelit did get back to me and specified walnut, but not which type so I will rely on guydebord's analysis. Lelit is still checking on the stain, if any.

Sponsor

#313: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to thm655321 »

I would have figured. Most manufacturers want to keep some things very close to their chest.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Sponsor

#314: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

Hi All,

Over the past week, we have been getting some inquiries on flow rate through the grouphead. This is what Lelit stated,

"Regarding the water flow rate of Bianca, with the standard paddle adjustment, in 20 seconds (paddle completely to the right and pump pressure 10bar),we deliver 100/110ml of water. If you moving the paddle over one notch away from full closed, the amount of water in 20 seconds will increases of 16ml."

I have tested this over the weekend on a tank model, and I have found them to be on spec except most machines shipping have the actual pump pressure set near or just under 11 bar and the OPV to open near 11 bar. The reason is to allow greater pressure at some point in the espresso extraction.

The wooden paddle can be removed by using a 2mm allen key. Each spline or notch on the paddle from the full closed position (left side) and moved over 1 spine or notch to the right on the top of the needle valve will increase the flow rate approximately 0.08ml/second or 16ml per 20 seconds. Hence, turning one spine or notch from full closed position of the paddle will allow roughly 0.08ml per second while in that new closed position.

I rotated the stem twice 270 degrees about 3 times from full closed. The maximum I have achieved across 3 pulls was 179ml in 25 seconds (170, 176, and 179ml) or maximum of 7.16ml/second. There is a 10ml margin of error on my testing.

I have pulled well over 2000 shots on the Bianca. Most of my shots are tasting phenomenal with 2 bar of pressure or a declining shot profile similar to a lever. The full off position on the paddle is important if you want to stop flow while the programmable pre-infusion and soak time is turned off on the LCC.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

thm655321

#315: Post by thm655321 »

Thanks Jim that's great information. Seems like there is no real reason not to set the paddle to fully shut off the flow.

Sponsor

#316: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to thm655321 »

I would agree. However, there are options. There are some who desire more flow, but there are limitations in the gicleur and needle valve.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Sponsor

#317: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

We just got this Bianca review from an owner of another pressure profiling machine.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Sponsor

#318: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

Hi All,

Yesterday, we had two visitors in our showroom. Due to privacy reasons, we are unable to offer their names. The gentleman on the left is a proud new owner of the Bianca in front of us. After reviewing espresso machines, primarily double boiler espresso machines for over a year, he visited to check out the Bianca. After 2 shots, he was amazed of the quality in the cup produced by the Bianca. Our Bianca customer, a highly regarded restaurateur in NJ, I would say has the most discriminating taste buds for espresso.

The gentleman on the right, a friend of the gentleman of the left, also is looking to get the Bianca. He has roaster contacts in Italy, and he was amazed of the espresso extractions coming from the Bianca. We agreed on several points in the industry in Italy and in the USA.

Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Dopey32

#319: Post by Dopey32 »

Killer machine

Sponsor

#320: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to Dopey32 »

Hmmm.... I hope no one in law enforcement is reading this! :D
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com