BIANCA: Order this game changer home espresso machine... - Page 4

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
FirstBetta

#31: Post by FirstBetta »

Hi all! looks like Lelit has tried to hit one out of the park. The data is impressive, I haven't looked at the price yet. Another machine to start a debate on it's merits.

paulraphael

#32: Post by paulraphael »

[duplicate]

paulraphael

#33: Post by paulraphael »

The flow profiling is mechanical ... I imagine if the needle valve assembly wears out that would mean replacing some inexpensive parts.

The programmable preinfusion is a bit of wildcard. It sounds like it's just a program in the machine's brain box that controls what the pump is doing. We'll have to wait and see how effective this is, and if there are any longevity issues. My favorite feature of this feature is you can turn it off.

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#34: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

JayBeck wrote:Jim: Is the power button a switch or a toggle? I have machine on a timer and if it is a toggle then that would be a deal killer for me as I like a fully hot machine when I wake up. I think it I'd a switch that I can keep clicked to the on position but it's hard to tell from the video.

Thanks!
Push button switch that can stay pushed in the 'on' position. One would need to turn off the power save mode as I am unsure if the power save will not allow a hard reboot from the timer.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

JayBeck

#35: Post by JayBeck replying to 1st-line »

That's perfect. My wifi timer can do auto-off as well so I would just disable the machine's features. This one is a contender for my next machine!

Are the wood accents African Wenge or Walnut? They look darker like Wenge to me but pictures can be deceiving.

How much longer does the pre-order price last?

Thanks!

mauijer

#36: Post by mauijer »

goalerjones wrote:It doesn't list the actual with discount price in the cart when you go thru with a purchase setup. It lists at $2795 USD.
So $2795 is not the discounted price? or are you saying that it doesn't list the MSRP and then also show you the amount of the discount?

goalerjones

#37: Post by goalerjones replying to mauijer »

I believe this is the non discounted price

Sponsor

#38: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

mauijer wrote:So $2795 is not the discounted price? or are you saying that it doesn't list the MSRP and then also show you the amount of the discount?
I will have the programmers check this tomorrow. The pre-order price is $2,595. This price will be honored until ANY of the following occur:

a) we sell out on the first batch coming in - Lelit's promotional price is only or our first batch,
b) the units arrive into our warehouse, or
c) The Euro exchange rate gets whacky by increasing our costs.

The pre-order price is locked in once you order and can not go higher.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

mimaros

#39: Post by mimaros »

If you have to "ride" the paddle every shot, what's the point not to use a lever machine ?

Sponsor

#40: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

goalerjones wrote:It doesn't list the actual with discount price in the cart when you go thru with a purchase setup. It lists at $2795 USD. However, when the ECM Mechanika Profi debuted on their site before Christmas last year it was at $1999 USD for the 1st month, and now lists for $2499 if that may be an indicator. In my experience with 1st-line (Anna Espresso maker, Fred grinder, Lelit knockbox drawer, and many pounds of Italian espresso), I've always found them to be more than competitive in pricing, especially when introducing a new product (still get their emails).

From examining the pics on the site it appears to be a push button on/off, and the other features are accessed by using the lower left plastic display, and of course the wooden paddle.

Aside from the questions I'm truly happy for Lelit. Beginning as a steam iron/ironing table company to really making a good advance into the espresso market. If I wasn't so happy with my Vetrano I'd be looking at this since my 1st machine was an "Anna" model by Lelit and reliability was just taken for granted. The customizable tank placement alone is awesome.
Thanks for your vote of confidence! We aim to be competitive not only in price, but also in stocking many different parts as well as service. We have a lot of Lelit Anna PL41s still running in peoples homes.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC