BIANCA: Order this game changer home espresso machine... - Page 28

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
1st-line
Sponsor

#271: Post by 1st-line » Dec 12, 2018, 5:54 pm

wesleynance wrote:What was your shot weight our with the 20g in?
Sorry, I eyeball all my shots. You can call me a freewheeler if you wish... lol
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line
Sponsor

#272: Post by 1st-line » Dec 12, 2018, 6:13 pm

Sorry, just arrived to me moments ago!

How to remove the reservoir and getting inside of the Bianca
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line
Sponsor

#273: Post by 1st-line » Dec 23, 2018, 4:32 pm

Hi All!

So, a Bianca owner called this past week stating he was pulling 114 second espresso shots with super low brew pressure. I fell off my chair! Dropped the phone and everything else.... I asked him to post the details here, but he may be the shy type... We will see...

Hence, I have been experimenting with the following profile that have made my extractions draw straight up sweetness right into the cup

Paddle in 730 position (basically half way between 6 and full closed)
5 second programmed preinfusion
4 second programmed soak
then either 2 bar pressure or 4 bar pressure on grouphead gauge
up to 41 seconds - 2 ounce extractions

Both scenarios resulted in pure sweetness in the cup. Yesterday, I varied the shot at 37 seconds with an uprising pressure to 9 bar in the last 4 seconds. Less sweetness, but a little more acidity in the cup. I am starting to believe Bianca will change the rulebook in making espresso.

On Friday, I had few visitors arrive into our showroom. One couple (from Norway) was looking to buy a ECM Synchronika and the other a smaller HX machine. Our Norwegian customer and his wife was amazed in the shot quality I was experimenting with on the Bianca and he purchased one for pick up yesterday. Our other visitor, who just started her coffee journey 18 months ago, is trying to make the space for the Bianca.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Mesmer

#274: Post by Mesmer » Dec 24, 2018, 5:49 am

Same grind as regular espresso?

1st-line
Sponsor

#275: Post by 1st-line » replying to Mesmer » Dec 24, 2018, 12:57 pm

Yes, same espresso grind.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

wesleynance

#276: Post by wesleynance » Dec 28, 2018, 2:15 pm

Hi Jim,

I my Bianca has a small leak- seems to be the service boiler. Constant slight sizzle from inside the case and a small puddle under the machine after a few hours, probably steam condensing inside the case? Just noticed it today.

My service boiler is at max factory pressure (no offset changes), 1.8 or so, and has been working great. I turned the service boiler off, and drained hot water to reduce the pressure down to .5 or so and the sound stopped.

I'm guessing you'll want me to open up the machine and take a look? Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Wes

wesleynance

#277: Post by wesleynance » Dec 30, 2018, 4:48 pm

Update-

Opened up the top, and the steam fitting to the wand was leaking on the inside nut. I tightened it down a bit, and I think it stopped. I'll power up and see before putting the screws back in.

Unfortunately, it was dripping water on some electrical connections, as well as the Lelit display unit intros center. Hopefully no harm done, it was working normally.

1st-line
Sponsor

#278: Post by 1st-line » replying to wesleynance » Jan 03, 2019, 5:15 pm

My apologies! I just saw this. I checked Monday morning here, and I did not see anything. Maybe my computer's cache....

I am very sorry to hear about this. It is weird that it did not happen upon our 24chour bench testing or since starting your ownership of the machine.

As long as there was no short circuit on the GFI or curcuit, I feel comfortable. As for the display, I am very confident there will be no issues. When I went to refill the water reservoir on the prototype over the summer, I accidentally slipped and the reservoir poured water over the top of the machine. It still worked and is still working today. However, I do not recommend anyone pouring water over their machine to test this, nor trying to slip and mimic what happened to me.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Henry

#279: Post by Henry » Jan 05, 2019, 11:36 am

1st-line wrote:Hi All,

Just a update on a potential issue as I received a phone call this morning on a brand new Bianca that was delivered yesterday. Nothing to be alarmed about as this is just an fyi....

If your machine acts a little funky in that the low water level warning sporadically shows up on your LCC screen and your water reservoir is full, please check the following:

a) If in tank mode, please check the black wire connected in both spots under the machine are fully inserted (unplug power card from electrical outlet and remove water reservoir if you need to tilt machine to check), or

b) Please make sure the reservoir is inserted properly and full, or

c) Please make sure you are not using almost purified water, almost distilled water, or almost RO water. If you are, add a pinch of salt to the water to see if the low water problem corrects itself. To cycle the 'slightly salty' water through the steam boiler, remove 3-4 ounces of water from the hot water wand, let pump refill, and repeat 3-4 times. If the boiler is constantly refilling and water leaks from the machine or the spout on the front panel, this means your water is super pure and needs some good minerals.

d) Please power off the machine, remove the power cord first from the electrical outlet then from the back bottom of the machine. Reinsert the electrical cord into the back bottom of the machine then plug back in. If the plug is not inserted all the way, it can make the low water warning indicator sporadically show up on the LCC (display) because of poor grounding.

The customer who called added a pinch of salt to the water in the reservoir and he cycled some water through the machine's steam boiler. The low warning indicator issue went away. Please note the steam boiler refill mechanism relies on sending 5 volts of electricity from the refill probe to the boiler wall which is grounded. The machine's power cord, if not installed correctly, may not ground properly or will ground sporadically.

Other than this public service announcement, all Bianca espresso machines out there are doing great!
Hi and sorry to quote a 2 month old thread. First off, this is my first post on HB so bear with me. I've been running an Alex Duetto II for a few years, and am looking to upgrade to the art of profiled machines. I always run my fairy hard tap water (100 ppm tds) through a "zero water" filter system which brings the tds to zero. I usually change the filter when I see abut 10 ppm readings, and I do this of course, to prevent scale build up in the machine.

So with this usage, am I at risk of the Bianca not being able to read that I have water in the machine? Would I need to dilute my zero water by adding some tap water back in as I fill the tank? Yes I realize that we probably want some "yummy minerals" in our water, but his is balanced against keeping the internals scale-feee.

Any and all comments are so greatly appreciated.

Much thanks,

1st-line
Sponsor

#280: Post by 1st-line » replying to Henry » Jan 07, 2019, 1:44 pm

Hi Henry,

No worries on bringing up a 2 month old topic. I would suggest trying different mixtures of zero water and 10, 20 or 30% tap. check to see what is the lowest % of tap water you can get away with. You may even be able to go to 30-50ppm before changing it and reducing the tap water. It reaslly comes down to making sure the steam boiler does not overfill with water.

In all cases, use the in tank water softener to reduce the remaining calcium and magnesium.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC