Pre-order this game changer home espresso machine... - Page 27

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » Dec 03, 2018, 5:01 pm

wesleynance wrote:I appreciate your candor and working through this with me. Obviously a minor issue, none of the parts involved would ever be very expensive. Please send me some lubricant. You have my address from the original order, right?

Thanks!

Hi Wes, we mailed you a small amount of PetroGel last week. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

wesleynance

Postby wesleynance » replying to 1st-line » Dec 03, 2018, 10:13 pm

Hi Jim,

It arrived today. My daughter thought the package was something else, and was quite confused and disappointed when she tore it open and saw a bag full of gel. LOL!

I've found a few videos giving instructions for lubricating the cam on an E61. Do you have one that you recommend?

Thanks,

Wes

bakafish

Postby bakafish » Dec 04, 2018, 12:44 am

1st-line wrote:M8 x 0,75mm (male)

My Bianca is 220V model. I have a M8.5 x 0.75mm EXPOBAR steam tip which can be used on it. Now I am using a custom adapter to use Vortex steam tip and remove the anti-burn tube in the steam wand to have more steam volume. I steam only 120ml milk in the Motta 250ml pitcher so I need low pressure but high volume steam.

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » replying to bakafish » Dec 06, 2018, 6:20 pm

Very nice!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » Dec 07, 2018, 6:42 pm

Hi All,

Happy Holidays! We have a special going on for existing 1st-line Bianca owners at no additional cost!

If you write a product review on the Bianca on our web site and post a picture of your set up by Monday, December 10, 2018, we will offer you a one year extended parts and labor warranty at no extra charge.

We are also offering an extended parts and labor warranty for one year for an additional $100. An extra 2 years for $200. Maximum coverage is 3 years total. These additional warranties are offered and covered by 1st-line Equipment.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

drown

Postby drown » Dec 09, 2018, 10:30 pm

1st-line wrote:Hi All,

We are also offering an extended parts and labor warranty for one year for an additional $100. An extra 2 years for $200. Maximum coverage is 3 years total. These additional warranties are offered and covered by 1st-line Equipment.

This is great news

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » replying to drown » Dec 10, 2018, 4:24 pm

Yes, and a bunch of reviews have come in! One interesting point in a review was not changing the grind fineness, but changing the water flow for the grind being off. I never thought of this concept!

That was the good news! Now, the bad news! Last week, we accidentally dropped a load in our roaster way to early to make a super light cinnamon roast. We ground some this morning on a Eureka Mignon Perfetto espresso grinder.

Well, I never ever had an espresso shot from a coffee bean like this... this morning. In fact, in was so disgusting and beyond a bad sink shot, I had to follow it with a shot of some my little personal stash of liqueur!

So for those doing super light roasts, I am not too sure if the Bianca or even any espresso machine can produce a good shot with super light roasts. If you experience something differently, let me know.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Dec 10, 2018, 4:34 pm

Stale is the new black. Let the beans sit for 10 days to two weeks; these light roasts need long rests.
Jim Schulman

1st-line
Sponsor

Postby 1st-line » replying to another_jim » Dec 10, 2018, 6:50 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the heads up!

I should send you some! It was so bad, I almost choked!!!

I already used half a batch to fertilize the grass on our commercial property out front. If the grass does not choke, I will then fertilize with the rest.

On the good side, today I pulled the sweetest tasting shot ever after that light roast fiasco. I am out on Tuesday heading down to Maryland. Then later this week, I want to replicate the following profile a few times

20 grams fine grind using 1st-line's Sonny espresso grinder
Preinfusion turned ON
programmed for 4 second run, 3 second soak
paddle on 1/4 open OR halfway between left side closed and middle facing you
pump run until second 17, then move paddle to three quarters open until 21 seconds, then back to 1/4 open until second 27 and bring shot lever down.

Of all the experimenting so far, this has been the sweetest espresso extraction I ever tasted! Crema was not the best, but the taste floored me! It was just like sugar. And, this was just a few hours AFTER my horrible sink shot. This is why I need to experiment further with this profile....
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

wesleynance

Postby wesleynance » Today, 2:57 pm

1st-line wrote:Hi Jim,

On the good side, today I pulled the sweetest tasting shot ever after that light roast fiasco. I am out on Tuesday heading down to Maryland. Then later this week, I want to replicate the following profile a few times

20 grams fine grind using 1st-line's Sonny espresso grinder
Preinfusion turned ON
programmed for 4 second run, 3 second soak
paddle on 1/4 open OR halfway between left side closed and middle facing you
pump run until second 17, then move paddle to three quarters open until 21 seconds, then back to 1/4 open until second 27 and bring shot lever down.

Of all the experimenting so far, this has been the sweetest espresso extraction I ever tasted! Crema was not the best, but the taste floored me! It was just like sugar. And, this was just a few hours AFTER my horrible sink shot. This is why I need to experiment further with this profile....

What was your shot weight our with the 20g in?