New toy! Luminaire Auto Shot Timers

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
primacoffee
Sponsor

#1: Post by primacoffee »

We just got a whole batch of something pretty cool for you espresso enthusiasts: automatic shot timers made by Luminaire Coffee. These guys have a 1" digital display, two sets of magnets for mounting, and a 20" wire with an electromagnetic sensor. The sensor attaches to your solenoid - either 120 V or 240 V will work - and starts, stops, and resets automatically as you're pulling your shots. The installation requires no modification of your machine, though if you like a tidy and flush mounting you may want to cut or drill for the wire. The timer itself includes a CR2032 battery cell, and Luminaire reckons those will last 4-7 years before needing replacement. Here's a link to the listing, and check out the video below for a bit more about installation and use! https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/lumi ... shot-timer
Prima Coffee
888-837-7892
4603 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
http://prima-coffee.com

Charlie4coffee

#2: Post by Charlie4coffee »

Very interesting.
I am seriously considering that but I have a doubt.

Are there various dimensions for the cable?

You are demonstrating with a La Marzocco which has the solenoid right up there but in my Expobar that is located at the very bottom of the machine and I very much doubt that the cable (at least the length I saw in the video) will reach there and be able to come to the front of the machine.

Cheers,
Charlie

primacoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by primacoffee (original poster) »

Hi Charlie,
Currently the timers are only available with the 20 inch wire, but we'll talk to Luminaire about some longer options. Expobar probably aren't the only ones with less accessible solenoids.
Prima Coffee
888-837-7892
4603 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
http://prima-coffee.com

thecoffeefield

#4: Post by thecoffeefield »

It would have been nice if it was backlit

lancealot

#5: Post by lancealot »

Price seems ridiculous. $89! :?
A magnetic sensor that can tell when a solenoid is energized and a LCD display. Looks like, and seems like, the technology in the magnetic bicycle speedometer. Am I missing something?

takeshi

#6: Post by takeshi »

lancealot wrote:Am I missing something?
Product pricing is never just about the cost of parts.

If you can run a successful business selling these for less then give it a shot.

lancealot

#7: Post by lancealot »

Product pricing is never just about the cost of parts.
Yeah, I get that. I just wonder if the market will support this kind of product at this price.

HB
Admin

#8: Post by HB »

lancealot wrote:I just wonder if the market will support this kind of product at this price.
You must be new to the espresso aficionado demographic. :lol:
Dan Kehn

HoldTheOnions

#9: Post by HoldTheOnions »

Considering you can get a Brewista for the same price, it doesn't make any sense regardless of how you want look at it. Unless you prefer an ugly wire thingy hanging out of your machine that also can't weigh your shot. ;-)

lancealot

#10: Post by lancealot »

You must be new to the espresso aficionado demographic. :lol:
Haha, yes! I was thinking that as I tried to gather my thoughts.