The New Profitec Pro 700 has arrived.

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Todd Salzman
Sponsor

Postby Todd Salzman » Feb 03, 2019, 3:02 pm

I am happy to announce that the updated PRO700 has arrived, it is absolutely beautiful and has the same amazing performance as the one before it. Last week while at their factory in Heidelberg, Michael Hauck gave me a tour of his two facilities. We first spent time in his office reviewing some new projects and then I got to see the PRO700 in the factory while under construction and also during testing. Sometime we need to spend some more time with Michael so you can get to know him and his family. He was raised from day one in the espresso machine business, and he is so passionate about making the best equipment, that you soon realize he does not compromise. He is the one who designs their equipment and keeps the business going forward with purpose. When I got home our first shipment had arrived and Marcus was already working on his new video and its a great one. I don't know of anybody that spends the time the Marcus does, to really dig in and get to know a product before producing their videos. This is one of his longer videos but it covers not only the machine but a few other important items. Go ahead and have a look.

Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

ShelbiRyan

Postby ShelbiRyan » Feb 03, 2019, 3:57 pm

I loved my Pro 700, and at times miss it. It's too bad the shot timer didn't come on when using the pre infusion position. I used to do this why my 700 but would have to count out seconds in my head. I'm sure this could be easily done.

Todd Salzman
Sponsor

Postby Todd Salzman » Feb 03, 2019, 4:04 pm

It's not as easy as you would think to have the shot timer work during the pre infusion. When you put the lever to the pre infusion position it does not activate the switch behind the lever and that is what turns on the pump and starts the timer.

I see you have a Rocket R9 One. How do you like it?
Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

ShelbiRyan

Postby ShelbiRyan » Feb 03, 2019, 4:14 pm

So far the R Nine One has been ok. I'm having some issues with it, but don't want to high jack thIs thread. PM if you'd like to hear more.

Ric858

Postby Ric858 » replying to ShelbiRyan » Feb 03, 2019, 4:26 pm

I'd like to hear about it, too. How about a new thread w/ your user experience?
"Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions."

Phaedrus

Postby Phaedrus » Feb 03, 2019, 5:03 pm

Todd Salzman wrote:We first spent time in his office reviewing some new projects and then I got to see the PRO700 in the factory while under construction and also during testing.

Would some of those new projects include perhaps an ECM lever or an update to the Pro800? :)

Todd Salzman
Sponsor

Postby Todd Salzman » Feb 04, 2019, 8:58 am

I did not see or hear anything about an update on the PRO800 but that does not mean that Michael isn't thinking about it. And as far as I am concerned the PRO800 is sitting good just the way it is.
Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

Postby EvergreenBuzzBuzz » Feb 04, 2019, 9:40 am

If Michael is an innovator how about sometime small but different. How about a variety say 2-3 distribution tools that were high quality and easily available in the US. Would drive website traffic and brand.

Michael

Todd Salzman
Sponsor

Postby Todd Salzman » Feb 04, 2019, 9:29 pm

Michael is all about the machines. There are a lot of individuals, start up companies and large machine shops in all parts of the world that focus on innovating and making some really nice accessories. He has three buildings, two for manufacturing and one for the office, service, design and engineering For him to take his focus off of designing and manufacturing his equipment would be waste of his time.
Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

michael

Postby michael » Feb 05, 2019, 6:05 pm

EvergreenBuzzBuzz wrote:If Michael is an innovator how about sometime small but different. How about a variety say 2-3 distribution tools that were high quality and easily available in the US. Would drive website traffic and brand.

Michael

That would be great 8)