New Batch of Saka and Tafuri Coffee Available! Mar 31st 2024

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#1: Post by CantinaCoffee »

UPDATE: March 31st, 2024. Subscriptions now available!! Details: https://cantinacoffee.com/pages/coffee-subscriptions

We have a new batch of Saka and Tafuri Coffee Available! @ http://www.CantinaCoffee.com

Please leave a review on the website if you're enjoying the coffee! It helps us out a lot -- thank you! :)

CantinaCoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#2: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

We quickly sold out of Top Selection and most of the Tafuri, so we've already placed another order, and we'll continue the Tafuri promo pricing with the next batch. I expect we should have more within 2 weeks.

Please let us know what you think of the Tafuri coffee so we gauge future interest in these blends. Thanks!!

macal425

#3: Post by macal425 »

I'm right at the end of my supply of Top Selection and waiting on a delivery tomorrow (yay). Since the remnants of my Top Selection are now around 6-7 weeks post roast (4 weeks if taking off time in freezer), it has been difficult recently to pull something good. So, I decided to pop open my sample of Tafuri. My initial impression from the aroma of the beans was that I would not enjoy them. However, without dialing them in as I don't have enough, I was pleasantly surprised and had a good cup. I'm sure I could get more out of it if I had enough to dial in. It seems similar to the Gran Bar but slightly sweeter with more of a milk chocolate note. It doesn't have the punch in the face delicious one note coffee flavor of Top Selection though. While I am enjoying it, I don't think I would purchase it over Top Selection. Plus, since it has 20% Robusta, the caffeine content will be in theory higher. That is the difference between being able to enjoy 3 cups per day with 100% Arabica, versus 2 cups with a Robusta mix. I think anyone who finds Top Selection a bit boring, may find Tafuri an interesting option. My apologies for not being able to give more flavor notes, but I just don't have a great palate or ability to separate flavors.

Sponsor

#4: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) replying to macal425 »

Hey Alan -- thanks for the feedback on the Tafuri. Just to clarify, that was the 'Positano' that you had sampled. It also reminds me of a lighter Gran Bar but with more origin notes. The lighter roast may make it a little more versatile overall -- I had it as espresso and also quite enjoyed it in the Aeropress.

macal425

#5: Post by macal425 »

Yes, it was the Positano.

caeffe

#6: Post by caeffe »

Hi Matt-
I've gone ahead and put in another order for more Saka (Gran and Classic I think...) along with one of the Tafuri blends.
I was going to order a cup but realized that cappuccino cups are classically 5-6 oz sized. I've got too many espresso / demitasse cups and cappuccino cups already. By chance are there Latte (ie 8 oz) sized cups that Saka offers? If so, then I'd definitely be interested.
LMWDP #162

Sponsor

#7: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) replying to caeffe »

Caesar, your order should be delivered today -- thanks! Let us know what you think of the Tafuri Amalfi.

I'll check on the larger cups -- I suspect they would have mentioned it already, but it's worth double checking. For what it's worth, the Cappuccino cups are somewhere between 7 and 8 ounces to the brim. I'll try to get a more precise measurement.

caeffe

#8: Post by caeffe replying to CantinaCoffee »

My dog just warned me that a delivery happened :)
RE: cups, I should have asked instead of assuming- I have cappuccino cups from Notneutral, ILLY, and Vivace and they're all <6 oz so I thought that these Saka Cups would also be <6 oz per the website description. I have a Danesi cup that is 8 oz to the brim and that tends to be the preference for my SO
LMWDP #162

Sponsor

#9: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

We have a fresh new batch ready to ship! Note, this was supposed to be a partial restock since we very quickly sold out of the Top Selection and Tafuri. However, it took longer than expected to ship, so we're now sold out of almost everything. If you're looking for Gran Bar, Classic Bar, or Espresso Bar, quantities are very limited until the next shipment arrives in a couple weeks.

macal425

#10: Post by macal425 replying to CantinaCoffee »

Will the next batch in a couple of weeks also have more Top Selection? This batch is probably too early for me as I'm still making my way through the last batch, along with a few other coffees. Another batch of Top Selection coming in a couple of weeks would be ideal for me.