New Batch of Saka and Tafuri Coffee Available! Feb 3rd 2024 - Page 23

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
slybarman

#221: Post by slybarman »

CantinaCoffee wrote:Regarding the cups, they're coming in the next batch, which is hopefully only about 2 weeks away. Sorry I couldn't get them into this batch.

all good. thanks.

CantinaCoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#222: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

Hi everyone --- all orders that can ship, have shipped. The remaining orders will ship when the remaining coffee arrives. I'm told that customs has everything they need, so hopefully not much longer to wait! Thanks everyone!

Update: the rest of the shipment cleared customs and is on the way.

Update 2: the coffee did not arrive today (Wednesday). Tomorrow seems likely!

Advertisement
bdubois61

#223: Post by bdubois61 »

Received my order yesterday of kilo each of Gran Bar and Crema Bar with a roast date of 22nd of May. While somewhat curious to try these now, I will let them sit for another week. Thanks for getting the order out so quickly!

macal425

#224: Post by macal425 replying to bdubois61 »

I don't think you need to let them rest for another week. IMO, you are at the sweet spot right now with freshness. I've been buying Saka for well over a year now, every month or so, and have only once had a batch that I had to rest for a few days. It was a batch that got shipped over very quickly from Italy and Matt got out immediately. A few others had the same 'too fresh' issue with that batch.

Sponsor

#225: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

The remaining coffee came in today, and we're now caught up on orders. Thanks everyone!

coyote-1

#226: Post by coyote-1 »

macal425 wrote:I don't think you need to let them rest for another week. IMO, you are at the sweet spot right now with freshness. I've been buying Saka for well over a year now, every month or so, and have only once had a batch that I had to rest for a few days. It was a batch that got shipped over very quickly from Italy and Matt got out immediately. A few others had the same 'too fresh' issue with that batch.
Agreed. My small bags arrived today, and while I will drop the temp a couple degrees next time I pull a shot of Top Selection the first shot is nonetheless very good (enjoying it right now). The Crema Bar shot I had after lunch was excellent, spot-on.

EDIT: after some days with these two bags, all I can say is they are as advertised. The Crema produces plenty of it, and is delicious... while the Top Selection, at a shot start temp of 187F, is indeed a top selection. Smooth as silk, no bitterness while drinking or ten minutes later in the aftertaste.

Sponsor

#227: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

Hello! FYI, we have espresso and cappuccino cups coming this week as well as a restock. It's still in customs, but I'll update when I have an ETA.

Advertisement
lancealot

#228: Post by lancealot »

Thank you!

Sponsor

#229: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

Just received the new shipment. We'll be updating inventory later in the day.... stay tuned!

Sponsor

#230: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

New inventory is posted! Note, this was not a full restock, but we did receive the most popular coffees as well as cups. If you don't see the blend you're looking for, we'll have it with the next batch. Thanks!