New Batch of Saka and Tafuri Coffee Available! Mar 31st 2024 - Page 3

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
CantinaCoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#21: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

FYI, the current ETA for the next batch is Monday the 16th.

thorax71

#22: Post by thorax71 »

Im arranging a small Saka group buy in the Uk - gran bar and top selection

Can anyone give me an idea about how quickly these roasts deteriorate after opening (and whether freezing prolongs the usable life). It will take me a long time to get through a kg by myself !

thanks

macal425

#23: Post by macal425 replying to thorax71 »

I can only talk about Top Selection. For Top Selection, it can depend on how dark it has been roasted. If you receive them and they are oily and dark, they will probably need a few days of being open to breathe, before doing anything with them. My usual routine is to fill up 3 16oz mason jars to the brim and freeze them. The remainder goes into my vacuum coffee canister for immediate use. As I'm finishing up either the canister, or one of the mason jars, I pull out a mason jar from freezer and let it get up to room temperature before opening. The first canister and each mason jar usually lasts a week and I have found that the beans do not really degrade much, if at all. I'm sure others have different methods, but this seems to work for me and keeps everything nice and relatively fresh.

Sponsor

#24: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

Hi everyone, we have a new batch today --- orders are open on the website, shipping asap.

Thanks!

slybarman

#25: Post by slybarman »

Matt:

Your fulfillment/shipping speed is amazing. Ordered yesterday - being delivered tomorrow. :shock:

Shenrei

#26: Post by Shenrei »

My order is arriving tomorrow as well and I'm pretty excited.
- Tim

caeffe

#27: Post by caeffe »

CantinaCoffee wrote:FYI, the current ETA for the next batch is Monday the 16th.
Was there a batch 1 kg of Gran Bar in this shipment? or did i snooze and lose :(
There's 1/4 kg available but not the 1 kg.
LMWDP #162

Sponsor

#28: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) replying to caeffe »

We did sell out very quickly -- but I sent you a direct message.

GregoryJ

#29: Post by GregoryJ »

Is there an estimate on when more "Gran Bar" will be available?

Thank you

Sponsor

#30: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) replying to GregoryJ »

We sold out very quickly this time - it's been very tricky to figure out what people are going to order from batch to batch, and how much to order.

We ordered more before the last batch even arrived, and we were expecting it to ship last Friday, but haven't received confirmation yet. Worst case scenario, it'll ship the first half of this week, and we'll receive it sometime next week.