New Batch of Saka and Tafuri Coffee Available! Mar 31st 2024 - Page 14

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
countzero

#131: Post by countzero »

Shakespeare wrote: Still not working..here is image

This happened to me too. Try clearing your browser cookies for cantinacoffee.com

Robustabob

#132: Post by Robustabob »

Long time lurker here, but I just registered on the site in order to praise Cantina and Saka Gran Bar. I am a skeptic by nature and I am very sorry that I waited so long to try this coffee. The bag came today and upon opening it the aroma is so intense. I pulled my first shot at my usual grinder setting, 18 gr VST with paper filter on bottom, 28 gr yield in about 26 seconds...wow, just wow! I will probably adjust a bit as time goes on, probably to reduce yield. But these are the best beans I have been able to find after months of searching and buying. Nothing comes close.

Advertisement
Balthazar_B

#133: Post by Balthazar_B replying to Robustabob »

Given your screen name, you should try the Crema Bar next. :)
- John

LMWDP # 577

Robustabob

#134: Post by Robustabob »

Ha! My wife, who thinks I am totally nuts when it comes to coffee, thought of that screen name after I explained what robusta brings to the table in espresso.

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#135: Post by dparrish replying to Robustabob »

After experiencing Saka's Gran Bar and especially Crema Bar, I now FULLY appreciate what good robusta brings to the table!
Amazing hazelnut flavors :).

kidloco

#136: Post by kidloco »

slybarman wrote:too hot maybe. Gran Bar is anything but ashy or bitter
I am doing 92 in Robot which is not preheated at all. Room temperature is 26-27, I think I have at least 4 degrees drop before I start the pour, so I think I start at 88 and go down... What is usually recommended in/out and time? I am about to give up on this.

slybarman

#137: Post by slybarman replying to kidloco »

I couldn't say what is "recommended". mine is 14g in and around 21g out in 24 seconds.

Advertisement
CantinaCoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#138: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

kidloco wrote:I am doing 92 in Robot which is not preheated at all. Room temperature is 26-27, I think I have at least 4 degrees drop before I start the pour, so I think I start at 88 and go down... What is usually recommended in/out and time? I am about to give up on this.
Sorry you're having trouble - this is a post from nameisjoey in the massive 'Saka Coffee in the States' thread. There are quite a few posts in that thread that might be helpful including below regarding the Robot:

"Time should be counted at pump start, as brewing starts when water hits the coffee :)

I have done the 14g dose thing and yes it's tasty. Personally though, I do 18-21.5g in, and do a 1:1 ratio. Super yummy on its own and tastes incredible in a flat white or small latte. I'm usually in the 30-40 second range, so super slow flow rate. If you've ever seen how Vivace pulls their shots on Instagram, that's pretty much what I aim for"

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#139: Post by dparrish »

Same here: 197F (92C), 20g in, 20g out (1:1). Luscious, thick, chocolate and hazelnut. My favorites by far!

CantinaCoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#140: Post by CantinaCoffee (original poster) »

Paul Pratt from Cafelat also has some videos on instagram using the Robot with 14g of Gran Bar: