LUCCA M58 V2 is here, and sales tax update

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
clivecoffee
Sponsor

Postby clivecoffee » Dec 26, 2018, 8:16 pm

Hi guys,

We're super excited to unveil the updated LUCCA M58 V2! Based on home barista and user feedback, we worked with Quick Mill to make numerous internal improvements. Not only did we add stainless steel boilers, but both coffee and steam boiler heating elements have been increased to 1400 from the previous 800 and 1100 watts. And yes, the improvements in recovery time and steam power are quite noticeable. Steaming 8oz of milk takes just 12 seconds with the included 4 hole steam tip (using a standard 15 amp kitchen circuit breaker), which is comparable to my tests with the Profitec Pro 700 and ECM Synchronika. Other improvements include: a tidier wiring harness, new velcro wrap boiler insulation, stainless steel brew lever, beefier stainless steel frame, and a magnetic drip tray. I'm delighted that we've been able to make this exclusive machine an even better fit for the US market, without increasing the price. These beauties are in stock, fully bench tested, and ready to ship today.

Check out the comparison video here

and the new overview video here

Let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see me film videos with the new M58 V2. Also, if you're thinking about ordering anything from us soon, keep in mind that starting 1/1/2019, we'll be charging sales tax when shipping to the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington. California sales tax begins 4/1/19.

Znekcihc

Postby Znekcihc » Dec 26, 2018, 8:27 pm

I have version 1 and love it. Thanks guys!

clivecoffee
Sponsor

Postby clivecoffee » Dec 26, 2018, 8:30 pm

Thanks Corey! Time to update that profile my dude 8). I have the original prototype at home and even after 3 years, I'm still in love.

Wacobipe

Postby Wacobipe » Dec 26, 2018, 9:43 pm

I too have a V1 and love everything about it!

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

Postby EvergreenBuzzBuzz » Dec 26, 2018, 10:27 pm

What are you doing about county and city taxes? Unlikely you will meet the sales thresholds each year in many places. In some of the states you mention that can be 30-50% of the taxes.
EvergreenBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

clivecoffee
Sponsor

Postby clivecoffee » Jan 10, 2019, 9:48 pm

Hi Michael, we will be collecting city taxes. Our website will automatically calculate the accurate rates. Also, we got a happy new years surprise that a few states have delayed starting sales tax!

Thanks,
Ben

liquidmetal

Postby liquidmetal » Jan 11, 2019, 1:29 am

So....any replaceable parts for V1 owners?

clivecoffee
Sponsor

Postby clivecoffee » Jan 11, 2019, 1:55 pm

Hi Matt,

We'll keep stocking the original V1 maintenance parts, but it's not possible to change convert these machines to a V2.

Thanks,
Ben

liquidmetal

Postby liquidmetal » Jan 11, 2019, 4:57 pm

Any sort of trade in program available? I got my M58 less than a year ago and already theres a significant upgrade at the same price :(