Lelit Elizabeth - First Impressions

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
1st-line
Sponsor

#1: Post by 1st-line »

The New PL162 Bianca: a wonderful upgrade all around! Check out our first impressions!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

alexeyga

#2: Post by alexeyga »

Jim,
If Lelit is still looking for where to improve it - slide them a suggestion to add a separate power switch for the steam boiler. Having to shut it off through menus is sort of awkward.

Otherwise - looking good!

crocs

#3: Post by crocs »

mmm, this is LELIT PL92T Elizabeth.
excelent temperature stability

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#4: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

alexeyga wrote:Jim,
If Lelit is still looking for where to improve it - slide them a suggestion to add a separate power switch for the steam boiler. Having to shut it off through menus is sort of awkward.

Otherwise - looking good!
Sorry, I never see nor get emailed any notifications on HB. So, I missed this one.

I will let let them know, but it just adds more components to the machine.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Sponsor

#5: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

crocs wrote:mmm, this is LELIT PL92T Elizabeth.
excelent temperature stability
<video>
Wow!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

crocs

#6: Post by crocs »

really interesting machine.

AlexCA

#7: Post by AlexCA »

Watching that video it seems like the steam boiler pressure is used for pre-infusion. I would assume this is instead of having idle line pressure in a plumbed machine? I wonder what effect this has on steaming while brewing. I imagine if the pre-infusion phase was going on while you started steaming the results would be less than optimal.

Also, didn't the previous Lelit dual boiler use two separate vibration pumps vs the one in this new one?

Kryptonicspb

#8: Post by Kryptonicspb replying to AlexCA »

I'm hoping 1st line can answer this.

Also I am wondering, is the temperature of the pre infusion water any hotter than normal brewing temp since it's coming from the steam boiler?

I would like to see some steam tests while brewing. Can anyone tell me what pressure the steam boiler runs at?

Sponsor

#9: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

Kryptonicspb wrote:I'm hoping 1st line can answer this.

Also I am wondering, is the temperature of the pre infusion water any hotter than normal brewing temp since it's coming from the steam boiler?

I would like to see some steam tests while brewing. Can anyone tell me what pressure the steam boiler runs at?
I am pretty there is a good regulation of hot water from the coffee boiler to the amount of steam injected. Unfortunately, we are super busy at the moment, travelling next week, and I am not sure which SCACE device will fit the grouphead. I do know of the units sold, there has not been one return and customers have been quite pleased.

The steam boiler pressure should be able to be programmed through the LLC to adjust.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

DeGaulle

#10: Post by DeGaulle »

This is an interesting design. It seems the autofill solenoid sees bidirectional service (fresh water into the steam boiler and hot water from the steam boiler), since it is also used for pre-infusion and for topping up the brew boiler when the HW wand is used. It defeats the separation between brew circuit and steam boiler, so it may be off-putting to people who don't want to mix brew water and steam boiler water. But if you can control the mineral buildup by filtering and/or regular use of the HW wand, why not? It will be interesting to know if there is some safeguard against dirty coffee water flowing back into the steam boiler if the autofill kicks in during brewing, like a check valve or perhaps the autofill is electronically inhibited during a brew cycle ?
Bert