Klatch Coffee and the Golden Bean Espresso + MVP winners

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

Klatch Coffee is a long-time sponsor and supporter of the HB community. So it comes as no surprise that Mike thought of us for getting feedback on their new "experimental blend" that's in development. The first version will be roasted on Monday. Any HB member can get 10% off with coupon code HB10. First orders must be placed by this Sunday.

In addition, Klatch will sponsor one member for each version. Since time is short, Team HB will pick the first lucky winner. But for V2 and beyond, the winner will be selected by community vote as was done for the Home Barista MVP Celebration!

Feedback on tweaking the espresso blend for the next go-around are welcome on this thread. I'll also post more details about nominating the V2 winner this weekend. Thanks Mike and Klatch Coffee!

Mike Perry wrote:Join the process with our 'Experimental Blend'. Another year, another Golden Bean Espresso!

Heather and little Peary kicked off the first of 4 straight Golden Beans, the largest global roasters competition, and now this year, Holly has our newest Klatch baby and all of you, our Klatch Family, get to help create the blend. Every two weeks we tweak and experiment to create the winning Golden Bean. Our first blend by Roastmaster Mike, features a 40/60 blend of Panama Elida Natural and our newest Ethiopia Natural Anaerobic Oro Yeast. Both roasted about 30 seconds past the end of 1st crack with extended development time for extra sweetness. This fruit packed bomb is sure to please but send us your comments so we know how to improve it every two weeks. Maybe lighter, darker, less fruit, more acid, etc. You tell us and we will tweak to perfection, feel free to email us at info@klatchroasting.com and please provide us your roast date on the bag..
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

HB wrote:In addition, Klatch will sponsor one member for each version. Since time is short, Team HB will pick the first lucky winner. But for V2 and beyond, the winner will be selected by community vote...
The Golden Bean MVP for the first round is Jeff! The other moderators and I have noticed how helpful he's been in the forums and wanted to recognize his contributions. In my mind, that's what makes an MVP (most valued participant :D). The coffee should ship out on Monday. We look forward to hearing what you think.

For the next round's Golden Bean MVP, the community decides. If you look below the avatar of a member on the right :arrow:, you should see a "Select for MVP" link. Click that to add them to your list of five candidates. The top five will draw for the next round. Please note: Due to shipping costs and customs delays, Golden Bean coffee is limited to US members.

Remember to vote and vote often. :lol:
Dan Kehn

beer&mathematics

#3: Post by beer&mathematics »

Edited to remove my grumpiness...

Got my coffee and exited to follow along with everyone
LMWDP #431

chanty 77

#4: Post by chanty 77 »

So happy Jeff won! He is one of my favorite, very knowledgeable & very helpful members since I've been on this site. Kudos Jeff! You so deserve this.