Introducing the La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
La Marzocco Home
Sponsor

#1: Post by La Marzocco Home »

Introducing the La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription.
Hey everyone, we're excited to share something new with you- a coffee subscription we designed for the home espresso enthusiast.

https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/subscription/

Consider it our Cafe experience in your kitchen.

For $39 a month, the La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription gives home baristas, such as yourself, the opportunity to brew the same espresso each month that is being brewed in the La Marzocco Cafe. Each month, you'll get a brand new coffee from a different roaster-and included with the coffee, you'll receive tips, tricks and brew parameters from the roasters themselves, as well as in-depth case studies and white papers curated by our team.

We're kicking off the Espresso Subscription with one of the most celebrated roasters in the world: Tim Wendleboe of Oslo, Norway. Sign up by April 1 to receive Tim's Finca Tamana Espresso.

All-in-all, the Espresso Subscription is designed to be collaborative and experimental. We expect you to play around with the recipes we send and let us know what you're learning. When you share on social media, make sure we see it by tagging us in your post using either the hashtag #LMHomebarista or our handle (@lamarzoccohome).

This is going to be fun,

-the La Marzocco Home Team

Learn more about the brand new subscription:
https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/subscription/

Advertisement
JavaRanger

#2: Post by JavaRanger »

Woah...Tim Wendleboe ? I just signed up!

LATrapp

#3: Post by LATrapp »

I'm in!

randomorbit

#4: Post by randomorbit »

Two bags of coffee for $39, so that's what $26 a pound?

SonVolt

#5: Post by SonVolt »

$39 for a pair of 12oz bags sent once a month? No thanks.

thecoffeefield

#6: Post by thecoffeefield replying to SonVolt »

Pretty much what I thought. Thank God my palate is not that sophisticated or I would have went bankrupt :D . My favorite espresso so far (3 years in) is the Lavazza Top Class.

JavaRanger

#7: Post by JavaRanger »

So to me, this is really cool. FYI I am not on the LM payroll

For anyone who things the price is too high....Tim lives in Norway, how many people in the US who have had his coffee? The shipping on that isn't going to be cheap. They are going to feature roasters from around the Globe, with an espresso focus!

Also, you will get some guidelines on how to pull it, notes ect, also kind of cool.

I pay $38 for Madcap 3rd Coast with shipping, not sure Madcap beans LM will ship me when the Madcap comes, but I'm interested in trying something new for only $1 more. There are lots of coffee's out there, and if you are interested in trying new espresso's, experimenting this is great.

Not all roasters give you notes on temp, dose and yield so I'm excited to check it out.

Advertisement
TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

JavaRanger wrote:For anyone who things the price is too high....Tim lives in Norway, how many people in the US who have had his coffee? The shipping on that isn't going to be cheap. They are going to feature roasters from around the Globe, with an espresso focus!

It'd be $41 -$42 before you even add in international shipping for the same amount of Finca Timana espresso if ordered straight from TW, so yes, this is a cheaper route for Americans to try his coffee. Plus, Tim flushes all his bags with nitrogen, they're going to hold up just fine. You'd probably get them a day or two before it's even ready to pull shots with. He recommends about 9 days.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

napierzaza

#9: Post by napierzaza »

I have yet to keep many coffee subscription services. They will always come at odd times in my flow (aka I have a half bag of something else or two days before I run out and have to buy new stuff). And the price is always a little higher than what you can find around town. But this seems different in the sense that it's stuff that is actually high-quality stuff you can't otherwise find. But I'm not sure I could do it justice with my machine ... :-\

One thing I am surprised about is there is no reduced rate for the first month (or several months). Which has been my experience. But I guess La Marzocco doesn't have to do that.

jgirl125

#10: Post by jgirl125 »

I agree, this isn't a low cost option. However, these are premier roaster offerings. When you compare it with buying direct from similar roasters the price is reasonable. I'm also placing value on LM's curating and picking out unique coffees to try. I'm going to give it a try for a few months.