Introducing Espresso Forge's Barista Tools

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
EspressoForge
Sponsor

#1: Post by EspressoForge »

Introducing Espresso Forge's Barista Tools.
Hey everyone, I'm excited to hop on here and share a couple of new things with you- coffee tools we designed for the home espresso enthusiast and coffee professionals alike.

We set out to create a barista essentials kit that was affordable while still hand-made in Colorado. The kit is equipped with a 58mm flat tamper, a stainless steel 58mm portafilter funnel, and an aluminum WDT. The kit retails for $97.99, which offers a savings of 20% over buying the 3 pieces separately. The kit can be seen here:
https://espressoforge.com/product/home- ... tials-kit/

The WDT
We all know how important the WDT tool is - it minimizes channeling and stabilizes the coffee bed. In turn, this slows the flow rate down, allowing for higher extractions in the cup. We designed this WDT with ergonomics and lifetime durability in mind and retails for $34.99.
https://espressoforge.com/product/wdt/

The Tamper
Our anodized tampers come in black or silver, featuring an aluminum handle and high-quality stainless steel flat base. They retail for $64.99
https://espressoforge.com/product/tamper/

If you have made it this far, we really appreciate you and are offering HB members a 10% discount using the code "HB-Family".

-Dwight

vas

#2: Post by vas »

Maybe slice the WDT bottom smh like 45°, otherwise it looks like a mini booby trap

rb

#3: Post by rb »

Love my Forge and already have one of these dosing funnels and love it too.

I primarily use my forge for travel. It would be great to see these bundled up into some sort of travel box, maybe the box could double as a mini knock box or something.

Keep up the good work!

EspressoForge (original poster)
Sponsor

#4: Post by EspressoForge (original poster) replying to rb »

Appreciate the message Russel! Love the idea of bundling these up into a travel kit with the knock box, will definitely look into it. We are putting together a to-go bundle and at-home bundle at the moment - the to-go has a Lido OG grinder, and the at-home one rocking a Baratza grinder. Is the knock box the thing you're missing the most when you travel? What kettle do you usually travel with? Appreciate the love on the Forge and the feedback for a travel box!

rb

#5: Post by rb »

When I travel I usually bring my tamper, distribution tool (unnecessary) and WDT tool with me. I have a Helor 101 for grinding for its small size. After chatting with you guys on Instagram I just went out and picked up a Stagg EKG kettle. I have a 'tool roll' that I travel with that my Forge and 4 portafilter baskets roll up into and I can throw in a suitcase.

I never know what to do with grinds when I am traveling and usually end up knocking straight from the basket into the garbage.

I have always thought it would be super cool to have a small box big enough for a tamper, WDT and maybe a Acaia Lunar or a shot mirror. Something that would keep those things safe when traveling that could do double duty as a knock box.

BeanRidin'

#6: Post by BeanRidin' »

Hi Dwight,
Glad to see you keep finding ways to refine an already awesome product. The reduced weight of the newer version sounds nice while backpacking, but don't go so far that it looses it's effectiveness as a personal defense tool during bear attacks :)
I ordered the newer lock ring and it looks well crafted. I doubt the heat band will slip off like it does on my version. It's good to see you care enough about your product to improve even the small details.
My Forge is over 6 years old now and has been my daily morning espresso maker during that time, as well as my travel (motorcycle, truck and day hiking) devise. I think my version was purchased before Andre made his last adjustments. One difference I just realized was the size of the portafilter and lock ring has changed. The ID of my lock ring looks to be about 81.2mm while the ID of new lock ring is about 77.8mm. I wish it would have fit as it looks like a nice improvement over the old version.
Keep up the innovation!

Sponsor

#7: Post by EspressoForge (original poster) replying to BeanRidin' »

Thanks for the message and stoked you noticed the details on the new lock-ring! Definitely one of my personal favorite updates and of course it was one of the most troublesome when prototyping the changes. Scouts honor that I will never drop the weight too far on The Forge so that you can't fend off a bear with it! :lol:

Going through all the design updates through Fusion back to 2018 to find the bigger ID lock-ring and came up empty handed - all 77.8mm. I'm going to keep digging and see if we can get you get an updated lock ring for that early version - is everything still running great on your Forge? Would love to see photos from your travels with the Forge if you have them and don't mind sending them over - they make my day!

Cheers,

-Dwight

BeanRidin'

#8: Post by BeanRidin' »

Hi Dwight,
My Forge was purchased in 2016 (and still going strong!). It is a bummer that you couldn't find old stock to modify from when Andre started producing them.

I do want to thank you for the next day response and refund for that ring. I can't remember another company having better customer service! The prepaid mailing label was an nice touch. I was worried at first because I never read what the return policy was.
You run a great company. I will just recycle those funds into the tripod. I wanted one at first, but couldn't justify the price at the time. Too many other contenders for my limited funds back then.

My solution for an inexpensive, sturdy travel stand was a 4 inch piece of 3 1/2 inch PVC with two 2 1/4 inch holes bored out opposite each other, 3/4 inches from the top.
One had an inch long and half inch wide cut from the bottom of the hole to the bottom of the stand. That was to accommodate a cup with handle. The other hole had an angled cut near the bottom to hold a cheap camp mirror to watch the shot.

Sponsor

#9: Post by EspressoForge (original poster) replying to BeanRidin' »

Eric,

Your message made my day and sorry for being a slacker here on the forums! Hearing the stories of Forges still running strong from the early days (mine included) has sparked the idea to start doing features on social on the OG Forges out there. A nod to Andre and the quality product he designed and built with the help of the community here on HB. I imagine that power couple you have pictured (combo of the OE Pharos and the Forge) will keep working and outlive us all! :lol:

Love the creativity with the stand, especially with the mirror being included. A shot mirror is something we need to start providing for people, it's too good not to watch! People keep sending us wild designs for things they've built to customize the Forge, here is a stand a customer named Tim designed and got laser cut from Send Cut Send.

Hope all is well on your end Eric,

-Dwight

spressomon

#10: Post by spressomon »

^ ooo, I like that stand!
No Espresso = Depresso