Home Barista MVP Celebration!

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

La Marzocco is really popular among the HB membership. Given that they have a dedicated "home" line of equipment, the feelings are clearly mutual. In fact, they recently announced in their newsletter a "home barista" themed cap and sweater:

When I first heard about this, I was a bit surprised by the prominent HOME BARISTA, thinking that phrase was synonymous with this website. So I contacted Scott Callender, VP, Marketing and Consumer Strategy at La Marzocco USA. He assured me their intent was simply to celebrate home baristas. As proof of their goodwill, La Marzocco offered to sponsor a recognition of what makes this site and La Marzocco Home special - our online community.

UPDATE 3/31/2019: The three La Marzocco Home Espresso subscriptions have been awarded. See Home Barista MVP - Questions or comments? for the winners. :D

Starting today, via a site online nomination process, members can select "MVPs" (most valued participants) from among the HB membership. If you look to the profile on the right, you'll see a new link "Vote: Select for MVP". The idea is that members can pick who they believe are site MVPs. Every two weeks for six weeks, I'll total the votes and they will award a subscription gift of SIX MONTHS of La Marzocco Home Espresso (a total of three subscriptions).

Keep in mind that the nominee must have an established site history, same as the Buy/Sell qualifications. The order in which you pick your nominees doesn't matter--a vote is a vote. However, if you've selected five nominees and you later select a sixth, the "oldest" one will be removed from your list (e.g., assume you selected A, B, C, D, and E over the course of the day. Then the next evening, you select F. Then your nominees would be F, E, D, C, and B; the first nominee you selected, A, would no longer be in your list).

Note: You cannot vote for yourself. To see your current votes, click on the "Show MVP status" link in your profile. :arrow:

If you have questions or comments, please post them here.

I would like to thank Scott and Ben for helping make this happen!
Ben Blake, La Marzocco Home wrote:One thing we've found to be true over the years is that coffee truly forms community. That's why we love home-barista.com and the vibrant community of Home Baristas it's developed. So, to celebrate everything that comes with being a home barista, we're partnering up with the team at home-barista.com to highlight different Home Baristas and their morning routines.
Dan Kehn