Hello from Weber Workshops (& KEY Grinder details) - Page 10

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
chipman

#91: Post by chipman »

I'm having trouble trying to figure out why HBers think they deserve any special priority.
★ Helpful

baldheadracing
Team HB

#92: Post by baldheadracing »

Just a thought:

While shipping to the USA is free, shipping to Canada was $130USD extra. That makes me think that grinders will ship to American customers from within the USA and not direct from Taiwan - which implies container shipping from Taiwan to the States. If so, then most Americans may well get their grinders at about the same time.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

chipman

#93: Post by chipman »

yes Craig. Doug already stated that grinders sold to US and Canada customers will be shipped from here.

Silentsim

#94: Post by Silentsim replying to chipman »

wait, I thought Canadian orders will come from Taiwan and not USA?

chipman

#95: Post by chipman »

Ok, I just took for granted they would be included in the US based shipment. I stand corrected.

GioTheDrfiter

#96: Post by GioTheDrfiter »

Hi Douglas,

This maybe a bit off topic, but I would like to know if the magic tumbler is retrofittable with HG-1? And will it available to purchase separately?
GioTheDrfiter
LMWDP #749

baldheadracing
Team HB

#97: Post by baldheadracing »

Silentsim wrote:wait, I thought Canadian orders will come from Taiwan and not USA?
$130USD seems a fair rate for air shipping from Taiwan.

However, I'll happily drive 45 minutes down to the States to save on shipping (and gas and groceries) :wink:.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

gamerluke

#98: Post by gamerluke »

Would have loved to use the secret link and get the free mat, but cancelling and re-ordering is a bummer. Hopefully he checks this thread at some point (but...yeah I wouldn't expect that)

If not, I'll stick with my $6 Amazon mat.

stump007

#99: Post by stump007 »

baldheadracing wrote:Just a thought:

While shipping to the USA is free, shipping to Canada was $130USD extra. That makes me think that grinders will ship to American customers from within the USA and not direct from Taiwan - which implies container shipping from Taiwan to the States. If so, then most Americans may well get their grinders at about the same time.
Also felt strange that USA shipping is 0, while Taiwan to Taiwan shipping is $20. That's better than $130, nevertheless would have been nice to have free shipping in Taiwan!

Steveholt

#100: Post by Steveholt »

chipman wrote:I'm having trouble trying to figure out why HBers think they deserve any special priority.
My guess is that this is because Douglas came to the forum and posted a thread that implied something to that effect.

Everything after that is inference, and tbf, valid disgruntlement that he didn't follow through with the promise in his original post on this thread.