Hello from Weber Workshops (& KEY Grinder details) - Page 17

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
stump007

#161: Post by stump007 »

Weber Workshops wrote:While I don't generally come out into the public blogosphere, I wanted to reach out and say hello to the HB community as I know there is a wealth of information here along with a huge community of coffee enthusiasts. Ultimately many of you end up being our customers, and for that we are ever grateful.
@Doug - congrats on the launch. I think we are all looking forward to receive our grinders!

Regarding the HB order link you shared. Many of us cancelled their original Indiegogo orders in order to enjoy the special offer, meaning getting bumped to a further away order #. Should people shoot an email to readjust to the original order # or is it somehow done automatically?

Thanks!

LindoPhotography

#162: Post by LindoPhotography »

There's the anti-popcorn lid now but it's still got a little opening and on higher RPM settings (which I think I prefer, anyway over medium speed seems good to me) there's still SOME popcorning, this doesn't usually happen but I do see escape bean fragments usually. I was filming my initial thoughts on it and testing grind speed and sound at different rpms when this happened and I thought this was hilarious.

Definitely not the neatest grinder, but not the messiest either. Grind quality is really interesting, I didn't know you can get pretty good clarity out of a conical burr, I really do like the burrs on the grinder, the overall package is relatively nice.

Advertisement
versusqc

#163: Post by versusqc »

LindoPhotography wrote:There's the anti-popcorn lid now but it's still got a little opening and on higher RPM settings (which I think I prefer, anyway over medium speed seems good to me) there's still SOME popcorning, this doesn't usually happen but I do see escape bean fragments usually. I was filming my initial thoughts on it and testing grind speed and sound at different rpms when this happened and I thought this was hilarious.

Definitely not the neatest grinder, but not the messiest either. Grind quality is really interesting, I didn't know you can get pretty good clarity out of a conical burr, I really do like the burrs on the grinder, the overall package is relatively nice.
video
From videos I have seen, I believe you can place the provided dosing cup upside down and it should cover most of the hole? Please let us know if that works out for you.