Hello from Weber Workshops (& KEY Grinder details) - Page 16

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Frenchman

#151: Post by Frenchman »

Weber wrote: However, with this link we are extending the $500 off for another full day for the HB community, and throwing in a leather tamping mat (the leather will match the color of grinder ordered -- Black w/ black, natural w/ white). This only works with this link, and not available anywhere else.

HERE'S THE LINK:
https://bit.ly/3qhJrRU

I hope this helps offset some of the frustration for not being able to post right as we went live.
I am sure the link helped the frustration of some, but finding out now that you posted s secret link on here after I (and a number of others looking at the following pages) had backed your project is a bit insulting. I hope that you can make that hat available to any on home-barista. It's really not cool to the people who helped you fund so quickly (something the campaign is bragging about) to give them less for their money than the people who did participate later. I hope you will fix that.
LMWDP #712

B2uatk

#152: Post by B2uatk »

Hi, it's been a little while since this started..wanted to check in if there were any additional video's etc. of the grinder? Looking forward to getting mine.

jasiano

#153: Post by jasiano »

For those that signed up via Indiegogo, they've sent an update via that channel.
TL;DR - covid has impacted supply chains, still working close to initial production plan, but rather than October it's likely November is when they start shipping the bulk of the initial orders.

Patience isn't usually my strong suit... November (probably December by the time it gets to me) can't come quick enough.
-Jason

Down Under

iploya
Supporter ♡

#154: Post by iploya »

Looks interesting, I am just late to the party. So just to confirm, nobody here has their hands on this grinder yet, correct? So no reviews, no Niche vs. Key vs. MC4 shootouts, etc.? No James Hoffman videos talking about nits and the value comparison to the EG-1?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#155: Post by yakster »

There was a video review of a pre-production Key I watched in the last week or so, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Maybe it got pulled.

I don't know, maybe I just dreamed it after thinking about the Key grinder so much.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

iploya
Supporter ♡

#156: Post by iploya »

[I'll repost in the Grinder forums. I had picked this thread up through a search.]

Gpinch1
Supporter

#157: Post by Gpinch1 »

I am waaaay late to this.

Is there anyone that is having buyer/backer remorse?
I would step in and buy their spot from them.

Thanks,
Greg

1rider

#158: Post by 1rider »

This looks like a great option on many levels, however it would seem like popcorning could be an issue. I would assume that is not the case and if it had been would have gotten addressed before production runs began.

Sexy machine.
Cheers,
Patrick

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#159: Post by rhtrevino » replying to 1rider »

There is a cover over the burrs that will be added to aid with popcorning. It doesn't make an appearance in the promotional videos but Douglas has mentioned it in the IGG discussion threads.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#160: Post by baldheadracing »

You can see the cover in these little Instagram vids comparing Niche and Key noise:
(swipe to watch the second vid)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada