Flair Espresso news - Page 4

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
derbrain

#31: Post by derbrain »

How much space do I need for the flair 58? Does it fit on a 40cm (15.7 inches) deep sideboard/ counter top?

tibikeman

#32: Post by tibikeman replying to derbrain »

According to the Flair website, the dimensions are 20 x 14 x 6"

renatoa

#33: Post by renatoa »

From the pictures, and relating them to people shown near this machine, probably the biggest dimension being depth, then height 14", with lever down, then width 6".
Or, 51 cm x 36 cm x 15 cm

With lever up it seems to be as high as eyes level, when placed on a standard 72 cm desk, so beware to free space above...

derbrain

#34: Post by derbrain »

Thank you for your answers. I also saw the dimensions on the website. I always have a problem interpreting these regardless of the product. It is always like, what number refers to height, width, length? And in this case, height with the lever up or not?

Flair Espresso (original poster)
Sponsor

#35: Post by Flair Espresso (original poster) »

derbrain wrote:How much space do I need for the flair 58? Does it fit on a 40cm (15.7 inches) deep sideboard/ counter top?
Product itself is (in inches) 14L x 7.5W x 11.5H and with lever raised up, 24.25H and weighs 8 lbs. I see that the website was only showing packaging and shipped weight. We'll get on that. Thanks.

renatoa

#36: Post by renatoa »

Check here for a mock up how travel-able could be the Flair 58:
Flair 58

Sponsor

#37: Post by Flair Espresso (original poster) »

Reviews of the Flair 58 are starting to drop in case anyone was interested in learning more from outside parties, or just want a chance to win one with no purchase necessary https://flairespresso.com/flair-giveaway/

Sponsor

#38: Post by Flair Espresso (original poster) »

and another from this morning

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by Brewzologist »

Thanks for posting those reviews Andrew. I hope to see more tests on temp stability of the 58 like the one from Xris below, but his results concern me. He rightly points out that any column of hot water will be hotter at the top vs bottom, and the plunger was out, and he apparently used a 3rd party PF when conducting his test. What I'd like to see is something similar from Flair in a contained group head with a probe (drilled in perhaps?) that gives a more precise graph of temp stability at different heat settings where external factors are more carefully controlled. Thanks.

Sponsor

#40: Post by Flair Espresso (original poster) »

Brewzologist wrote:Thanks for posting those reviews Andrew. I hope to see more tests on temp stability of the 58 like the one from Xris below. He rightly points out that any column of hot water will be hotter at the top vs bottom, and the plunger was out, and he apparently used a 3rd party PF when conducting his test. What I'd like to see is something similar from Flair in a contained group head with a probe (drilled in perhaps?) that gives a more precise graph of temp stability at different heat settings where external factors are more carefully controlled. Thanks.

3rd party, all metal portafilter with the temp probe touching and therefore reading off the surface of the blind basket. I'm sure there will be more like this taken by others, and eventually time and resources permitting, we can oblige.