Fellow news and information! - Page 6

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
fellowproducts (original poster)
Sponsor

#51: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

redbone wrote:Due to shipping costs will have to wait for this to land north of the 49th parallel.

Any idea when this will make it to Canadian resellers?
Unfortunately I am not sure; but it should be soon!

Nick

Snwspeckle

#52: Post by Snwspeckle »

Any plan to offer an upgrade program? I recently (a month ago) had to have my Gen 1 grinder RMA'ed and just got a Gen 1.5 unit. Would really like to have the chaff improvements. The biggest downside is how messy the Gen 1 can get. As a Gen 1.5 Grinder, Gen 2 Burr, EKG Studio, and tons of Fellow accessories owner, I do appreciate having all the latest :)

Also did anything change with the Atmos containers? I've had a container for 1.5 years and it doesn't hold a seal after 24hrs. A new container I just purchased 2 weeks ago is holding air way after 24hrs.

Sponsor

#53: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to Snwspeckle »

We currently have no plans for an Ode upgrade or trade in program.

Have you cleaned the valves on your Atmos? Sometimes dust can get in them and cause them to lose a seal early. Send an email to hello@fellowproducts.com and we will help you out!

Thanks,

Nick

em33

#54: Post by em33 »

Does Fellow sell a replacement part for the adjustment dial piece that goes inside the outer grind dial? After switching burrs and then doing the calibrating step 2 of the screws won't tighten on the grinder dial. Not sure if the threads on the dial are stripped. When I go to push the screw in without putting the dial on, it goes pretty far in before it actually catches. Once I add the dial on the screw it doesn't seem to reach the thread enough to catch.

Hope this makes sense. It's hard to explain and sounds pretty funny explaining it.

cpreston
Supporter ♡

#55: Post by cpreston »

I had a similar issue with the dial assembly. It turned out that the key was not fully seated, so the dial assembly pivoted on it rather than going in straight. 2 of the screws wouldn't thread in. Try checking the key and then refitting carefully straight in.

It would be pretty hard to strip those screws IMO.

Sponsor

#56: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

em33 wrote:Does Fellow sell a replacement part for the adjustment dial piece that goes inside the outer grind dial? After switching burrs and then doing the calibrating step 2 of the screws won't tighten on the grinder dial. Not sure if the threads on the dial are stripped. When I go to push the screw in without putting the dial on, it goes pretty far in before it actually catches. Once I add the dial on the screw it doesn't seem to reach the thread enough to catch.

Hope this makes sense. It's hard to explain and sounds pretty funny explaining it.
I think that something is not aligned right.

Can you check the following:

1) Is the auger key fully seated inside the motor shaft when you press the main dial down?

2) Is the metal dial actually aligned with the plastic dial cover? The dial cover can only go on 1 way, and if the mating features do not align you won't be able to install the cover properly.

Also, if you have pictures it would let myself or one of our team members better assist you.

Thanks,

Nick

em33

#57: Post by em33 »

Yeah, everything is aligned perfectly and the grinder still works. It's just that 2 screws won't tighten. I can send a video as it will be easier to show then a picture. Thank you.

Yum

#58: Post by Yum »

●●●●● THANKS, YOU BROUGHT THE MOTOR UP !!!!!!!
Wake up people ?? Everyone's talking about burrs this and burrs that when the fact is the "MOTOR" is not that strong, and will possibly, most likely burn out along with your $$$$ . Then what are you going to do with that new burr set.
☆ SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT ALSO ☆
I had many problems with both old & new models, metal on metal grinding straight out of the box. Customer service DOESN'T exist! They send emails and than never get back to you to resolve ANY problems. But I do keep getting emails to sell me things and up grade !
HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED

...merged from Fellow Ode V2.0 burrs almost here by moderator...

Sponsor

#59: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

I find posts like these quite odd. Let me address some of your points here one by one:

1) I've been working on Ode for 2 years now, and have never "burned out" a motor. We have a safety built into Ode to thermally protect the motor. Fallout from bad motors is almost nil. Why would we sell a device we believe would malfunction? We're so confident in the design that Ode Gen 2 actually has a 2 year warranty; 3 if you register your product.

2) In terms of burrs, it has been made public and it has been widely discussed that Ode was never intended to grind for espresso; period. This is why we ship preinstalled SSP burrs calibrated 5 clicks off of burr touch; so a user can never grind for espresso and make the motor deliver power in a non-linear manner. Secondly, I designed the Gen 2 burrs from absolute scratch BASED ON Ode's motor to ensure linear power delivery at any grind setting; including 1 click off of burr touch.

3) Metal on metal grinding out of the box was burrs touching at Setting 1, so that as burrs seasoned a user would not be forced to recalibrate. This is in the manual. I actually changed this for Gen 2; and I have not encountered a single Gen 2 unit that had burrs touching at Setting 1. What we typically find for metal on metal grinding outside of this is user's not following calibration instructions; often turning the dial in the wrong direction, which causes the rotary bearing to lose contact with the auger. This is not some widespread issue.

4) Saying customer service doesn't exist is just not reality. I know because I am here checking this forum (as well as others) daily. I also help our CX team every single day with issues. We're incredibly committed to resolving issues, and if you have had a poor experience, kindly send me a DM with your ticket number so I can work with you to make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks,

Nick

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#60: Post by LBIespresso »

Yum wrote:Customer service DOESN'T exist!
That's strange because I have had a couple of issues over the years and in both cases customer service solved the issue and in one case went above and beyond my expectations. Granted this was all by email and slower than a phone call but we can't expect smaller companies to survive if they need to staff a call center for every customer issue. In fact, I prefer to buy from companies that are small enough to encourage innovation even if it takes them a little longer to get back to me. But that's a choice I make.
LMWDP #580