Fellow news and information! - Page 5

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
cdollarsign

#41: Post by cdollarsign »

Hey Nick - my Atmos canister won't hold air past 12 hours or so. Has there been any fix to address this before I start a warranty issue?

fellowproducts (original poster)
Sponsor

#42: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to cdollarsign »

Send an email to hello@fellowproducts.com and we'll walk you through a few troubleshooting steps. If the unit is still malfunctioning, we'll absolutely replace it for you! Sometimes dust or debris can get trapped in one of the valves. One of our agents will tell you how to clean it and we'll take it from there!

Nick

cdollarsign

#43: Post by cdollarsign »

Nick - wondering if you could comment on the anti-static technology in the gen 2 ode. As an adopter of the gen 2 burrs I find they create a lot more static and would be interested in 'upgrading' parts to reduce that.

Sponsor

#44: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to cdollarsign »

This area of Ode Gen 2 is not upgrade-able. We currently have no plans to offer any retrofit kits as it would be a full teardown. Many parts of the grinder are new for this piece of upgrade.

Nick

Sponsor

#45: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

Happy ODE GEN 2 launch day! https://fellowproducts.com/products/ode ... nder-gen-2

Here are some details around what we updated. Overall, we took the 3 biggest pieces of feedback on Ode and improved on each point.

1) Ode does not grind fine enough: designed new burrs from scratch. Gen 2 burrs are now pre-installed.

2) Ode can be messy (and I don't want to do RDT). You can now dose beans into Ode WITHOUT RDT and get approximately .1g of retention. We implemented the same tech that's in anti static hairdryers into the grinder itself so grinding is exceptionally clean. No more chaff flying around, no more retention in the chute. I went through at least a dozen prototypes for this and completely redesigned how coffee exits.

3) Beans don't feed properly. Totally redesigned the hopper for better bean feed angles. Additionally, the hopper and catch cup can now hold up to 100g of beans instead of 80. This means people who want to do batch brews on a 1.5L brewer can single dose.

4) I had the opportunity to make even further improvements, so I updated the tolerances on the auger and chamber so that alignment will be better out of the box, and if users want to hyper align it should be much easier. Additionally, the new design can accommodate any 64mm SSP burr guaranteed. Finally, no one will EVER have to deal with an auger being stuck/tight ever again.

5) After doing extensive life testing, we upped the warranty to 2 years.

Overall, at this price point, I think it's an incredible value. I have been waiting for this day for awhile now. Any questions I will do my best to answer. Thank you for your support.

Nick

redbone

#46: Post by redbone »

Kudos on the improvements. Any changes to the canister \ catch cup?
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Sponsor

#47: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

redbone wrote:Kudos on the improvements. Any changes to the canister?
It's now larger so it can fit 94g at coarse grind settings for people who want to brew 1.5L batch brews at a 1:16 ratio.

Nick

thesharpener
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by thesharpener »

Are the new hopper and catch cup designs backward compatible with Gen1/Kickstarter Odes?
Pete - LMWDP #572

Sponsor

#49: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to thesharpener »

We had to make a change to the top of the grinder itself to get the steeper angle to fit, so we are more than likely not going to offer them for sale individually. If this changes I will be sure to let everyone know.

Nick

redbone

#50: Post by redbone »

Due to shipping costs will have to wait for this to land north of the 49th parallel.

Any idea when this will make it to Canadian resellers?
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549