Fellow news and information! - Page 4

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
ira
Team HB

#31: Post by ira »

I will point out that I pointed this same problem out when you announced SSP burrs long ago.

fellowproducts (original poster)
Sponsor

#32: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

Hey all,

I've gotten a few complaints from people who missed the 30% off Gen 2 burr sale. We had the sale open for an entire month, but a few people seemed to miss it or things fell through the cracks.

To do our best to make people as happy as possible, we RE-activated the code GRIND30OFF and it will remain live until Friday, 9/30 at midnight PST.

So please, if you want the discount, kindly buy now. After this there will be no more direct code sales offered on the burrs. We truly do our best to accommodate as many people as we can. This is last call!

Happy brewing,

Nick

Gamefreak2281

#33: Post by Gamefreak2281 »

Nick,

I'm considering getting the gen 2 burrs for my ode with 1.1 burrs. I am currently grinding at 8.1 for a 2L Curtis batch brewer using a 1:16 ratio. Will I still be able to achieve a similar target grind size with room for adjustments, or will that put me right up against 11 on the dial? I also read that you are achieving higher extractions, in your opinion will I end up needing to widen my ratio a bit with the new burrs brewing that big of a batch?

Thanks!

Sponsor

#34: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to Gamefreak2281 »

To be completely honest, if you're brewing 2L of coffee, the Gen 1 burrs are going to probably be a better fit for you. With the Gen 2 burrs, the "sweet spot" is going to be a bit lower in the dial range. There is nothing stopping you from calibrating the burrs to grind coarser; but the particle distribution at that burr gap will not be as optimal.

Nick

Gamefreak2281

#35: Post by Gamefreak2281 »

Thanks for the honest and great feed back Nick. My situation is certainly unique from the main issue you were addressing with the Gen 2 burrs and it sounds like you really hit it out of the park for a finer target grind. If and when I'm no longer grinding for the Curtis I'm sure I'll pick up the new burrs. For what it is worth I am very happy with the performance at 1.1 with 650 ml V60 using multiple pours. I use a hand grinder when a finer grind is needed for a single cup brews or brewing with a Kone.

Sponsor

#36: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

Hey all,

Wanted to mention that we officially launched 2 new electric pour over kettles today: Stagg EKG Pro and Stagg EKG Pro Studio.

There's a lot under the hood here that a lot of people will never see, but the engineering that went into these was a pretty large undertaking. The temperature control in these units is more accurate than most thermocouples that you would use to measure the actual temperature of the water!

Check them out: https://fellowproducts.com/pages/compar ... kg-kettles

Nick

ira
Team HB

#37: Post by ira »

I saw those this morning but from the web site it's really hard to tell why I might want the studio, it's a fair amount extra, but the comparison chart and the pictures show almost no difference.

Sponsor

#38: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to ira »

EKG Pro has a plastic base, plastic dial, and plastic handle accents. EKG Pro Studio has a metal base with a glass top; with a dead front hidden display, plus a metal dial and metal accent on the kettle. Functionally they are the same but EKG Pro Studio has premium materials and finishes.

Nick

ira
Team HB

#39: Post by ira »

Like I said, the web site does a particularly bad job of both describing the differences and showing pictures of the differences. IMHO anyway.

marcism

#40: Post by marcism »

Ha! Just after I bought myself a new Stagg EKG! Hope I'm not gonna miss too much with my older version. At least I've got wormy :)