Fellow news and information! - Page 25

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
fellowproducts (original poster)
Sponsor

#241: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

fhyrew wrote:Thanks, Nick. It's happening with all the coffees I have in stock right now, all of which are (as always) light roast single origins.

I put my ear against the right side and listened on my latest grind just now and I did NOT hear a buzzing after the motor shut off. Granted, I never really listened for the buzz or lack thereof before, so I don't have a great frame of reference, but that plus the consistent high retention has me concerned that my ionizer might not be working properly. Any thoughts on next steps? Thanks!

Edit: image below shows retention after grinding 27g of a light roast Burundi natural

Please send an email to hello@fellowproducts.com and we'll help you out!

Nick

Sponsor

#242: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:Thank you for your reply. I did try it and did not noticed any difference. Also, I see that what comes out of the grinder is always what I put in the hopper, and I am not adding any water. So far I have been very happy with the Ode 2.
I had an issue with one coffee, getting stuck just before the exit (similar to the picture above). I assume the ionizer does not work on the ground coffee before it passes in front of the device. However it has happened only a couple of times and now it seems to be super clean.

May I ask if the release of the Tally scale still confirmed for June (hopefully June 1st :D )?
The scale I am currently using is dying...
Tally will be released early next month. Sign up for updates here: https://fellowproducts.com/pages/tally-weight-list

Release is very, very soon. 8)

Nick

ira
Team HB

#243: Post by ira »

I have a Corvo Pro, about 3 weeks old, I've turned the Chime up to 10, but if I'm not in the kitchen with nothing else making noise, I can't hear it. Is there a reason it's so quiet? At the lowest setting it might as well be off. I probably hear it about one of of five or ten time I heat water and it's the main reason I wanted the Pro.

shivorath

#244: Post by shivorath »

Just bought my first Fellow product, the Opus Grinder. Unfortunately it seems DOA. It beeps when plugged in and when securing the top load bin, but will not turn on when pressing the power button. I've tried everything I can think of, I've got a support ticket in with Fellow but this really sucks as a first experience with the company. :(

Moka 1 Cup

#245: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

fellowproducts wrote:Tally will be released early next month. Sign up for updates here: https://fellowproducts.com/pages/tally-weight-list

Release is very, very soon. 8)

Nick
I like the fact that it does not need a rubber pad. Looking forward to see all other features.
Will it be possible to use it with the magnetic cup that comes with the Ode?
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Sponsor

#246: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

ira wrote:I have a Corvo Pro, about 3 weeks old, I've turned the Chime up to 10, but if I'm not in the kitchen with nothing else making noise, I can't hear it. Is there a reason it's so quiet? At the lowest setting it might as well be off. I probably hear it about one of of five or ten time I heat water and it's the main reason I wanted the Pro.
Hey Ira,

I'm looking into this to see if we have had any other complaints.

Nick

Sponsor

#247: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

shivorath wrote:Just bought my first Fellow product, the Opus Grinder. Unfortunately it seems DOA. It beeps when plugged in and when securing the top load bin, but will not turn on when pressing the power button. I've tried everything I can think of, I've got a support ticket in with Fellow but this really sucks as a first experience with the company. :(
Very sorry to hear this. This is definitely not the norm. The grinder may have been damaged in transit. Our CX team will work with you to get a brand new one to your door ASAP. We'll also request that you send this back to our lab for failure analysis. We are continually trying to make things better.

Thank you for your patience,

Nick

Sponsor

#248: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:I like the fact that it does not need a rubber pad. Looking forward to see all other features.
Will it be possible to use it with the magnetic cup that comes with the Ode?
Yes; you can use the Ode catch cup with Tally without issue!

Nick

Jimmy_The_Saint

#249: Post by Jimmy_The_Saint »

I was wondering if there is any functional downside to not using the catch cup lid on the Ode 2?

Sadly I've had significant static related mess in the last month or so with various beans. This last week I cleaned the chute/pins thoroughly and after grinding 30g, the pins had clogged and the cup lid dragged grinds all over the place. The buzz of the ioniser is still present so I guess it's just atmospheric static or this bean/roast type.

I'm not keen on using RDT and I know static is just an inherent factor of grinding coffee. Every grinder I've ever had suffers from it to some degree.

However, removing the catch-cup lid and just using it without seems to eradicate all mess issues. Mainly as it doesn't sweep the caught grinds out from the chute when inserting/removing. It's also quicker to not have to remove/replace when pouring the grinds out.

I just wanted to check there's no issue with running it this way.

Sponsor

#250: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to Jimmy_The_Saint »

No issue at all. Many people prefer it without!

Nick