Fellow news and information! - Page 18

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
nameisjoey

#171: Post by nameisjoey »

Just wanted to touch back in after my previous messages with the issues I had with my previous grinder and subsequent replacement.

After chatting back and forth with Nick, he personally handled everything for me and got me all taken care of. Grateful for the excellent customer service and help in getting a replacement to me quickly without ever having to be grinderless. He also went above and beyond in making sure my replacement grinder was thoroughly inspected and working perfectly. I've been using it for a few weeks now and am really enjoying it. The cups are wonderful, and it's not even broken in yet.

Thanks again Nick. Fellow is lucky to have you, you're doing the lords work over here!

skittles_s

#172: Post by skittles_s »

Hi Nick,

I've had my Ode for just about a year now. Swapped in Gen2 burrs and am a pretty happy camper with one exception: the electrical hum from the unit. I thought it would dissipate over time (many early adopters cited it) but it has not. Does this indicate any sort of fault with the unit? Is there a "fix"?

Thanks.

fellowproducts (original poster)
Sponsor

#173: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to skittles_s »

Hi there. When did you purchase this unit? Did you happen to get it second hand?

No "fault" on the unit persay; just a passive component on the PCBA making some electrical noise.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help!

Thanks,

Nick

skittles_s

#174: Post by skittles_s »

Hi Nick,

Ordered direct from Fellow late Jan 2022 for a birthday in mid February so went into service just about a year ago. Swapped in the Gen2 burrs as soon as they arrived, I think right before Labor Day 2022.

Thanks!

Sponsor

#175: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) »

Can you send an email to hello@fellowproducts.com with your info and we'll see what we can do to help!

Thanks,

Nick

skittles_s

#176: Post by skittles_s »

Thanks, Nick. Email sent.

templeofstupid

#177: Post by templeofstupid »

fellowproducts wrote:Yes that is typically the last .1g of coffee that is retained in between cycles.

Nick
ira wrote:I don't have the fancy new one, but I commonly put my fingers a bit in front of the back edge of the lid to hold it in place, lift up the front edge 1/2" or so and let it snap back down to puff out the remaining coffee.
Thanks Nick & Ira. I've been using that puff of air trick and it works like a charm. A couple other things I've tried recently that also seem to be helpful are using the Shimmy to reduce the fines. It helps get a much clearer cup, as advertised, and the fines in my coffee seem in line with other measurements I've seen published. I recently tried using a melodrip as an additional aid to reduce the agitation, and that also seemed to have positive results. Thanks both for the additional tips and continued encouragement.

skittles_s

#178: Post by skittles_s »

skittles_s wrote:Thanks, Nick. Email sent.
Just to follow up, Fellow support took care of me. Thanks Nick and team for the great CX.

ohwhen

#179: Post by ohwhen »

How different are the internals of the Ode Gen 1 versus Ode Gen 2? At any point in the future, would it be possible for a consumer to purchase and install the anti static chute on the Gen 1 as an aftermarket upgrade?

Sponsor

#180: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to ohwhen »

Extremely different. I'm sorry but it's not possible. It would cost you almost the price of a new unit to add it. Even though the grinder "looks" the same, even the body of it is different on the underside, along with the PCBA / wiring.

Nick