Fellow news and information! - Page 2

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Spitz.me

#11: Post by Spitz.me »

So, the grinder doesn't come with these burrs, you have to buy them separately? It's not clear if these are replacing the "stock" burrs or not and the grinder's detail page doesn't clarify this at all.

Thanks!
LMWDP #670

fellowproducts (original poster)
Sponsor

#12: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to Spitz.me »

Hi Tony,

You are correct. Currently, Ode does not come stock with these burrs installed.

We have a 3 phase approach for the Gen 2 burr release:

1) Support Kickstarter Backers - This is complete.
2) Support current owners who want to "upgrade" - This is in process
3) Launch Ode with these burrs pre-installed

We could only make so many sets of burrs per month, so we're taking the phased approach I listed above. When Ode is available with them pre-installed, we will make an announcement.

I'll work with our marketing and e-commerce team to see if we can clarify this on our website. Thank you for the feedback.

Nick

Intrepid510

#13: Post by Intrepid510 »

Would it be better to wait for the Ode to have the new version pre-installed? ie will it be cheaper than buying them separate?

Sponsor

#14: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to Intrepid510 »

I wish I could comment on pricing, but unfortunately I cannot.

Right now we have a Labor Day sale for 15% off Ode, and if purchased separately the burrs can also be purchased for 30% off (using code GRIND30OFF), so you can get an Ode plus Gen 2 burrs for around $310ish.

We are always trying to put out the best stuff we can at competitive / attractive price points.

Nick

mcneely11

#15: Post by mcneely11 »

Hey Nick just wanted to say thanks for the super clear instructional video on the v2 burrs. Swapping them was easy and I'm enjoying the coffee.

Sponsor

#16: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to mcneely11 »

Great to hear. I'm really glad the video helped!

Nick

skittles_s

#17: Post by skittles_s »

Ditto the complements on the video. My first time taking the Ode apart. The video made it super simple and the process allowed me to appreciate a lot of the subtleties that went into the design. Great job!
And the gen 2 burrs are a night and day difference for me. Call me a happy brewer [customer]. Thanks, Nick!

em33

#18: Post by em33 »

I do have the SSP burrs but was looking for something with more body and sweetness which the 2.0 burrs sound like it might be it. I placed an order about a week ago and have gotten tracking like 4 days ago but still says only the label has been created and it hasn't shipped yet. Does it normally take this long to ship out? Looking forward to trying them out!

Sponsor

#19: Post by fellowproducts (original poster) replying to em33 »

It's typically faster than that. Can you PM me your order number? I will have the CX team look into this for you.

We'll make sure we get it right.

Nick

RobbieHam

#20: Post by RobbieHam »

Hi Nick,

Agree with the comments above, the video was extremely clear and helpful while installing the new Gen 2 burrs.

I was curious if there is an updated suggested grind level for each of the various brew methods, something similar to what came under the lid of the Ode grinder with reference to the Gen 1 burrs. Thanks.